• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Replacing optics on McMillan Tac-338 - NF NV 5-83x56 with new NF ATACR 7-35x56 FFP

Cglenn1805

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2020
I know I will need new mounts and am going with Sphur mounts zero tilt for 34mm tube. My question is should I spend the money to have my gunsmith mount and lap the mount and new scope or just mount myself and make sure that the mount and reticle is level and torque down with my fix-it sticks and have it bore sighted ? My GS is relatively cheap at $125 and 1 week turnaround.

What would I gain ? This in my eyes is relatively simple or am I missing something ? I don't want to screw this up on a precision platform.

Well now need ring/mount suggestions as I can’t track down a 0mil spuhr mount other than individual rings 🤬. At least something readily available

Well off to the races. Just ordered Spuhr 20moa, LRA Send-it and mount for the spuhr, leveling kit for precise mounting and another vise. Damn this crap is expensive. I thought the +$3800 Scope was bad. another $1k but I SHOULD be set now. Now to mount all this stuff and get to the range.

Well off to the races. Just ordered Spuhr 20moa, LRA Send-it and mount for the spuhr, leveling kit for precise mounting and another vise. Damn this crap is expensive. I thought the +$3800 Scope was bad. another $1k but I SHOULD be set now. Now to mount all this stuff and get to the range.

You paid $3,800 for the 7-35 ATACR F1? 🫣

You paid $3,800 for the 7-35 ATACR F1? 🫣
Don't ruin his morning lol

OP I'm not aware of any reason ever to lap scope mounts/rings unless they're garbage $30 ones. Do the mounting and leveling yourself too. It's something you should understand and doesn't take long. The Send-It level will make it pretty easy too you just make sure that's level and then level the reticle to a plumb line.