• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Replacing Revolver Cylinder

meestermeetch

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2018
Guys I had a stroke of bad luck from the FedEx Fairy. They lost the cylinder to my Smith and Wesson 10-5 revolver when I sent it out to get miles for Moon Clips. I am disappointed and now have to figure out an economical way to replace the cylinder since they even denied my lost package claim.

I have looked at Numrich and a few other places but the cylinder seems to be somewhat expensive, if I have to spend 1/2 the value of the gun, I might as well buy a fancier aftermarket unit. Does anyone have any leads on this type of thing? I have googled this to death and am unable to locate anything I feel like.

Lastly, once I locate the parts, I have read conflicting information about how difficult it is to fit the cylinder to the frame. If anyone has any insight that would be appreciated.

Thank you

MM

Actually found others, but it looks like people part out revolvers there and quality varies widely.

Thank you. I think that's a key piece. but I need the internals (rod/ejector/gas ring) and am a bit concerned about the potential for fit issues and keeping the whole thing "in time". Another forum directed me to Numbrich or the S&W factory which may or may not work.

I also found this which is more complete but unclear if it is "right" https://www.apexgunparts.com/catalo...omplete-w-ejector-38-special-blued-steel-vg-/

Guys I had a stroke of bad luck from the FedEx Fairy. They lost the cylinder to my Smith and Wesson 10-5 revolver when I sent it out to get miles for Moon Clips. I am disappointed and now have to figure out an economical way to replace the cylinder since they even denied my lost package claim.

I have looked at Numrich and a few other places but the cylinder seems to be somewhat expensive, if I have to spend 1/2 the value of the gun, I might as well buy a fancier aftermarket unit. Does anyone have any leads on this type of thing? I have googled this to death and am unable to locate anything I feel like.

Lastly, once I locate the parts, I have read conflicting information about how difficult it is to fit the cylinder to the frame. If anyone has any insight that would be appreciated.

Thank you

MM
Have you tried contacting S&W directly?