• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Report: Suzanne Somers Dead at 76

I thought she was great at comedy.

But I did make my own version of the "Three's Company" theme song.

"Come and knock up our whore.
She's been waiting for you.
You and you and you, three's company, too."

You are welcome, internet.

If I had a time machine and could go back 5o years..................

Would.

RiP

suzanne-somers-thigh-master.gif
fca34ec7731f6c43c2487b3fb7feb9b23357ace8.gif

tumblr_nti3o5la4q1uex8iuo1_400.gif

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
And, irony of ironies, she missed her 77th birthday by just one day. I was on the IMDB this morning, and today (10/16) would have been her 77th birthday. She died yesterday (10/15).

Betty White did it better.
Time and people magazine did their spread on Betty turning 100.

She died two days before her birthday.

Reactions: Im2bent

Story goes......again.....that she had a bit of an inflated view of her roll on the TV show. She was outed after demanding MASH Alan Alda money, and that was more then John Ritter was making. Alan Alda was MASH and John Ritter was 3's company. She was a support person.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
Story goes......again.....that she had a bit of an inflated view of her roll on the TV show. She was outed after demanding MASH Alan Alda money, and that was more then John Ritter was making. Alan Alda was MASH and John Ritter was 3's company. She was a support person.
Heard this AM on CBS that Ritter was earning 150k per episode and she was 30k. She demanded equal and they un-assed her. Not sure of the ratings after that , but willing to bet they went to hell. Nobody watched that show for Ritter, we all watched to see Chrissy and Janet!

Sad to see good people leave this earth….but maybe not so bad in today’s times ….

Reactions: TexPatriot
She was the live wire and main attraction that Three's Company evolved around and yet was paid a pittance compared to John Ritter and that dark haired actress that nobody knew or will remember.

She asked for equal pay and was fired. Like Hoss Cartwright on Bonanza, she played the dimwit on the set but in real life was the most intelligent of all the cast members.

She was the live wire and main attraction that Three's Company evolved around and yet was paid a pittance compared to John Ritter and that dark haired actress that nobody knew or will remember.

FWIW, she is the sole survivor of the original cast.... Joyce DeWitt. She and Somers were not on speaking terms for a very long time after the show, but they did reconcile when Somers invited DeWitt onto her Podcast.

She asked for equal pay and was fired. Like Hoss Cartwright on Bonanza, she played the dimwit on the set but in real life was the most intelligent of all the cast members.

I truly think she made "Lemonade" out of that lemon! All her commercials about "Thighmaster," as well as writing that book on healthy eating (which I bought and read). It was the first voice I heard about "Fat" not being the culprit in re: cardio-vascular issues but "sugar." I remember a story she told about being in France and having a meal with a French family. When it came time for desert, she saw a bowl of fruit (cherries). She picked some up to eat them, but the Patriarch of the family slapped them away from her.... "You must not eat ze cherries," he exclaimed. Apparently, that kind of fruit should be one of the first things, you eat, not the last, as it will mess up your digestion. To this day, I eat a Navel Orange every day,, and it's the first thing I eat for breakfast. Not again until the next morning.

Heard this AM on CBS that Ritter was earning 150k per episode and she was 30k. She demanded equal and they un-assed her. Not sure of the ratings after that , but willing to bet they went to hell. Nobody watched that show for Ritter, we all watched to see Chrissy and Janet!

Sad to see good people leave this earth….but maybe not so bad in today’s times ….
Ritter was the brains behind it. She was not. She overplayed her hand and found out she is very easy to replace, and off to commercial land she went.

As to how thing went look at her after she left the show, that would speak volumes.

I am not sure on your nobody watched the show, it ran for another three+ years, you could say four, as when she was outed she had bits in an show here and there. Ritter went on to movies, and Rules for dating my daughter and was doing that when he died. Bonus fact the daughter in that show went on to be in Big Bang Theory, Penny.

Her actions, caused by the guy she was screwing at the time, he got it in her mind that she was the star of the show from him. And it destroyed her basically forever. No one would touch her with a 10 foot pole after that, and oddly enough the guy bailed shortly and she went on to Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man.

Dewitt knew she was dead wrong and put the show in a rough spot, one of the reason of them being distant for all those years.

Nobody, including myself, would have watched or even remembered Three's Company if it weren't for Suzanne Somers.

I just now learned the brunette's name and couldn't pick her face out of a lineup. She was a nobody.
She's dead? Oh wow, I never saw it in the news.

And yet she got mega bucks along with John Ritter compared to Suzanne Somers.

Reactions: Ronws
I thought Three's Company was the dumbest show ever, but I was pretty young when it was on the air, and never understood the draw. That said, I did hear an interview with Suzanne years later and didn't realize what a nice person she was, and fairly intelligent.

Reactions: Baron23
Nobody, including myself, would have watched or even remembered Three's Company if it weren't for Suzanne Somers.

I just now learned the brunette's name and couldn't pick her face out of a lineup. She was a nobody.

See post #19 above.

I'd fap to that all day long. That short jet black hair is just icing on the cake.

Wait......I deliver the icing.

1697483221672.png

1697483338625.png

Never watched 'Friends' did you.
I'm honestly not much of a TV person.

My wife usually had Friends on so I would sit with her once in a while and watch. There were some funny bits but Seinfeld was way funnier. I still only caught about 2 or 3 episodes of that show a year.

After my divorce, my TV would go months without being turned on. Maybe for a football game or a movie.

Reactions: 308pirate

DeWitt's not dead.

Ol Susanne got a little greedy , 30,000 a episode ain't bad money in the 80,s what was it 24 episode,s a year that's around 750,000 a year , I doubt she made that much again after that for years if ever , sometimes you just got to eat crow and take what your offered, and they did offer her a 5000 raise.

Ol Susanne got a little greedy , 30,000 a episode ain't bad money in the 80,s what was it 24 episode,s a year that's around 750,000 a year , I doubt she made that much again after that for years if ever , sometimes you just got to eat crow and take what your offered, and they did offer her a 5000 raise.
She died with an estimated net worth of $100 million. She ended up buying out Thighmaster and did very well for herself as a businesswoman.

It's kinda creepy how you whiteknight for a dead woman. One which, when she was alive, would not even give you the time of day

LOL

But keep on keeping on
What, so you imagine DeWitt would love talking to you and getting to know you better? LOL

I hope you like the taste of pepper spray.

Reactions: Ronws