• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

? Reports on Rugers NEW piston AR?

Re: ? Reports on Rugers NEW piston AR?

Sounds like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Direct gas impingement was an innovation in 1967, replacing the piston-driven M14.

No thanks.

The info I got from another forum is that they seem to be holding up well.Other than earlier quality control issues I've read nothing but good reviews.One guy went thru a Vtac course with 2 minor issues which he stated was not caused from the gun itself but operator and ammo.Im actually waiting for Sig's new gas piston AR platform it hit the stores.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Direct gas impingement was an innovation in 1967, replacing the piston-driven M14.

No thanks.</div></div>

Wow Your a retard. Have you ever wondered why the M14 is still seeing action these days?

M14 are still in service because of the cartridge they shoot, not because it's a superior weapon system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #FF0000">Wow Your a retard</span>. Have you ever wondered why the M14 is still seeing action these days? </div></div>

Umm, I believe it should be, "Wow, you're a retard".
wink.gif

Just sayin......

Back to the Ruger, a friend of mine got one, I went out to shoot it. The Trigger on them is crap, I have not looked into if you can use a standard AR trigger with them, but they need work. I would also not call the one I was shooting a tack driver.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M14 are still in service because of the cartridge they shoot, not because it's a superior weapon system.</div></div>

Two reasons they are still seeing service 1. the cartridge, and 2. RELIABILITY. Ask some of the current snipers in the Army how they like the M110

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #FF0000">Wow Your a retard</span>. Have you ever wondered why the M14 is still seeing action these days? </div></div>

Umm, I believe it should be, "Wow, you're a retard".
wink.gif

Just sayin......

</div></div>

Well Thanks for the grammer correction, but I think they get the idea.