• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

REPR mag catch fix

cubewarrior

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2007
Dallas, TX
Just wanted to give the forum a heads up--

My REPR was running 100%, but non-C Products mags fit in the mag well sloppily. I sent LWRCI an e-mail requesting the mag catch adjustment exactly 29 days ago. I even told them I was in no hurry for the fix since I was still waiting on my suppressor paperwork to clear. The rifle is now back in my hands. KACs, C-Prods, and Magpuls fit great. I did some dry fire drills--there were no feed problems and magazine retention and ejection were solid. I can't tell where they made the change, and everything looks factory original.

LWRCI paid for the shipping to/from their facility. Including shipping times, the rifle was gone for out of my hands for six days.

It was an unfortunate situation, but I believe that LWRCI has handled it very well. I plan on purchasing an LWRCI M6A3 when my bank account recovers from this summer's ammo purchases.

Re: REPR mag catch fix

Good to hear. My REPR should be on its way back anyday now - looking forward to trying it out without worrying about FTFs!

It's unfortunate that LWRC released the REPR with the issues, but they are making it right, so good on them.

The mag change was designed to seat the mags roughly .020" higher than the original mag catch in addition to slightly widening the catch body.

I just got mine back a few days ago. It was getting a lot of FTF's in C-products and DPMS 10 round mags. I will be testing it out this weekend. I can't wait.

LWRC Service is second to none. A good friend of mine sent his in for a minor adjustment and while it was there they said that the MRE finish was slightly flawed. So they unpinned his QD and pinned it to a brand new 14.5 MRE upper. We couldnt tell before we sent it in, but were amazed when they called us back. I personally picked up my A3 over christmas and absolutely love it.

did you see any work done ? i had no troubles with mine so far with c products mags i turned the mag catch 1 turn in ,off the bat because of the wiggle of the mags --working on/building ar for years MMM maybe?? will test some magpul mags next time at the range now got four of them .......

I can't tell the difference from looking at it, but my KAC and Magpuls have much better lock-up in the mag-well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CubeWarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't tell the difference from looking at it, but my KAC and Magpuls have much better lock-up in the mag-well. </div></div>you mean less wiggle front to back than before ? thxs