• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Request for reticle pics on USO 3.8-22x

mattmcg

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2007
CA
I'm trying to find some through the scope reticle pics on a USO 3.8-22x scope. Does anybody have (or can you take) some nice through the scope pics for the following reticles? Prefer sky shots if possible.

Pics needed:
-MOA Scale Type 1 reticle pic at 3.8x
-MOA Scale Type 1 reticle pic at 22x
-MOA Scale Type 1 reticle pic at 22x illuminated (green or red)
-PCMOA reticle at 3.8x
-PCMOA reticle at 22x
-PCMOA reticle at 22x illuminated (green or red)

I realize this is a big request but I want to make sure I get my next USO scope order right.

Thanks!

Re: Request for reticle pics on USO 3.8-22x - Reward!

Have you checked on what it takes to ship primers? If you're all setup for that fine, but if you are just a guy with some spare primers I wanted to make sure you knew what you were getting into. FedEx and such requires that you be a pre-registered hazardous material shipper and such, you can't just pop into your local Mailboxes Etc with a brick of 210's...

Just trying to help, sorry but I don't have a 22x but having used a MOA ret @ 10x and 17x I would imagine that it would subtend pretty easily @ 22x. @ 10x it was a little small, IMHO.

If you wanted MPR reticle pics for that scope I would be all over this
smile.gif
. I'm surprised no one has taken you up on your offer yet, those reticles are fairly popular. Good luck!

Hmmm, must say I am a bit embarrassed that I didn't realize that I had to be pre-registered for primers..... I had always just picked stuff up locally so never got involved with shipping primers. Now powder I've mail ordered and realized there was a HazMat fee but didn't realize the same for primers......

Well, heck.... I'll see if I can come up with something else that is of interest to somebody willing to help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hazardus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm trying to find some through the scope reticle pics on a USO 3.8-22x scope. Does anybody have (or can you take) some nice through the scope pics for the following reticles? Prefer sky shots if possible.

Pics needed:
-MOA Scale Type 1 reticle pic at 3.8x
-MOA Scale Type 1 reticle pic at 22x
-MOA Scale Type 1 reticle pic at 22x illuminated (green or red)
-PCMOA reticle at 3.8x
-PCMOA reticle at 22x
-PCMOA reticle at 22x illuminated (green or red)

I realize this is a big request but I want to make sure I get my next USO scope order right. So as a reward, I will send the person that supplies the photos 2 boxes of 100ea Federal 210M primers shipped at my expense...... If you can get all of the photos of one reticle type, you get 1 box of 210M primers, simple as that.... Post them here and then send me an email with the high res pic. Must be good quality.

Thanks!

</div></div>
Photos are not very good representations of a given scope's reticle subtentions at any given power. They're OK, but the reticle rarely looks the same as it appears when looking through a scope, and the reticle never looks as sharp and black either. If you are anywhere with a two-hour drive of Brea (where USO is located), I suggest you call USO and see if they have any 3.8-22X scopes with the reticles you are considering that you can look through.

They usually have a few scopes there for demo purposes, but they may also have some scopes ready for shipping to customers that you <span style="font-style: italic">may be allowed to look through</span>. If they have what you are interested in, try to arrange a day that you can drive out there and look through the scope(s) yourself.

<span style="font-style: italic">"Its' the only way to be sure".</span>

- Sigourney Weaver as Ripley, Aliens, 1986
- Michael Biehn as Corporal Hicks, in agreement with Ripley, Aliens, 1986

Keith

Here's your illuminated 22X PCMOA photo (click for mega-sized version):

LFOD1776.... Thanks a ton!