• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Requesting advice for 1000yd rifle scopes under $850

charliebrown1999

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2018
I am 82 years old and just had tenodesis surgery. I have been successful shooting 625yds with 77gr SMK with Athlon Midas Tac 6x24x50 MRAD. Before I check-out I want to shoot 1000yds. That distance is a bit of a stretch for my 223 so I ordered a 6.5 Creedmoor. I would like a better scope. I would like advice on scopes from long range shooters. I wear prescription glasses and my budget is $850.

Last edited:
If you're looking new thats going to price you into chinese and phillipino crap.

There's a lot of decent Japanese optics you could pick up lightly used for your budget that will be nicer to use. You can regularly find used Bushnell Elites of many flavors and SWFA 5-20's sub $800.

$100 under your budget and it comes with a set of $200 rings. If the imperfection in it bothers you you can send it to Bushnell and they'll replace it with a DMR3 since that optic is out of production and they don't repair stuff.

Last edited:
No brainer......... $550 Burris xtr 2............ that scope for the price is amazing. I have schmidts, minox, Zeiss, Eotech Vudu, and so on. For cheap scopes, I always make this my go to..

I was just fixing to recommend that same scope... I have 3 of these, and for the clearance price, you won't beat them. Philippines made, with Japanese glass.

It even leaves you enough money for a really nice set of ARC M-Brace rings... 👍🏼

Reactions: Lightning8
I am 82 years old and just had tenodesis surgery. I have been successful shooting 625yds with 77gr SMK with Athlon Midas Tac 6x24x50 MRAD. Before I check-out I want to shoot 1000yds. That distance is a bit of a stretch for my 223 so I ordered a 6.5 Creedmoor. I would like a better scope. I would like advice on scopes from long range shooters. I wear prescription glasses and my budget is $850.
If you can swing another $50 and dont mind moa, this scope has some of the best glass for the price

Talk with @gr8fuldoug and he can likely match or offer other options.

If you can swing another $50 and dont mind moa, this scope has some of the best glass for the price

Talk with @gr8fuldoug and he can likely match or offer other options.
They used to have a MIL version for the same price, unless they’re sold out now?

Reactions: Glassaholic