• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Resco black frog

Resco black frog?

• Yay

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Nay

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Something else

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

redbullitt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
Wv
Hey guys,

Is a resco gen 2 black frog worth picking up for a fair price?

Yes i know this is the pit and the OP sucks dick...

Back to the Resco automatic black frog... yay or nay?

You guys seen fakes or anything like that bouncing around? Figured unlikely since they are so niche, but ive never had one, so figured id ask someone with more experience.

Reactions: softcock
toadtweet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Kalthoff
Is this one of those trick questions where anyone that votes nay is a racist bigot against black frogs? So to be politically correct I give it a thumbs up and vote yay.

• Haha
Reactions: Edgecrusher
Black market for fake black frogs? I had no idea.

I bought a green frog once, but it was a Gen 1 and a manual. Once the clutch started to go it was a nightmare to get serviced. It finally croaked.

Thank you for ALL the responses lol, great as expected.

From the info ive seen they look pretty slick. Not super worried about the pvd coating, will just add character i think.

Will be in it about 900 bucks, which seems like a good snag from what i can tell.

Will post up a few pics when i see him and settle up!

Sihr, any advice on the brand/model? A search tells me youre the man to see on these.

Reactions: x2cross
The Hide strikes again.

'Murica'

Hey guys,

You guys seen fakes or anything like that bouncing around? Figured unlikely since they are so niche, but ive never had one, so figured id ask someone with more experience.
So didja got it?

Awesome watch. Welcome to the tribe!

Planning to meet up and grab it tuesday! Will post up pics asap, thanks Sihr!

Stoked to get hands on it. I feel like its gonna be way better than my tactical iphone clock. Nothing beats the built in phone flashlight tho, right ???

Hey guys,

Suggested MSRP ( imho ) 1905-$ Not worth the price . . but you saying you getting it for 900-$ . and that not bad price . and (me) I would expect more than just shipped with a nylon strap . For that price, I would expect an IP coated SS bracelet, and the Nylon strap as extra option in the box .

Your paying for, and It has a recognizable product Name/Resco . it has a solid swiss movement. Auto. ( 38 hr.) power reserve . It 42mm wide, It not to thick Case @ 13mm . Sapphire crystal , IP/PVD ion plated stainless , the superluminova ( one of the best) pops pretty good and hold illum. for a good while .
It is a solid dive body watch . and appearance.. Looks Good on the wrist .

Planning to meet up and grab it tuesday! Will post up pics asap, thanks Sihr!

Stoked to get hands on it. I feel like its gonna be way better than my tactical iphone clock. Nothing beats the built in phone flashlight tho, right ???
$900 and you have to put your own hands on it?
Dude, stick with the phone. It's digital. You don't have to worry about the hands

• Haha
Reactions: 502Chevelle
Let's just look you up in the SEAL database.
I’m not there. I probably can’t even swim!

But have known Rob and Nicole for a long time and am fans of their watches! Freddie’s are the grails of Resco. I got my first from an ex team guy who was an instructor of mine when he worked for Phoenix PD. The other I got yesterday from another collector!

No seal here. Just a watch fan.

I still want a Doxa Shark Hunter. That doesn’t make me the Condor, either!

Sirhr

Reactions: 101st and MCSO1357
I’m not there. I probably can’t even swim!

But have known Rob and Nicole for a long time and am fans of their watches! Freddie’s are the grails of Resco. I got my first from an ex team guy who was an instructor of mine when he worked for Phoenix PD. The other I got yesterday from another collector!

No seal here. Just a watch fan.

I still want a Doxa Shark Hunter. That doesn’t make me the Condor, either!

Sirhr
I’ve know a couple of former Team guys that landed at Phoenix PD, curious who you were referring to (and totally understand if you can’t/won’t share)

Been said, that someone in class 18 got a rolex when they graduated. He bought it in Hong Kong

Last edited:
I wasn’t a SEAL either, but half my team was. They called my team mates “twin pins” and they were pretty rare. Even had one guy that was on the last UDT team in existence. Tells you how freaking old I am. No wonder my bones creak.

Last edited:
Picked it up last night. Im blown away. Been using a g shock mudmaster and a citizen toughmaster,which i like a lot, but this thing is in another class.

Definitely happy with the deal lol.

Hmm photo does not want to attach

There we go, no clue why that didn't work last time.... then I forgot about it lol. Hate to be the guy who makes worthless without pic threads.

Snagged an alphashark black nato band the other day. This grey one is very nice feeling, but it looks like a 21 or 22 mm stuffed in there, so a bit too wide.

Who do you guys like for a nato strap, or maybe a zulu style?

Attachments

• 20230322_140245.jpg
    20230322_140245.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20230322_140255.jpg
    20230322_140255.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: D_TROS