• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes RESCUED !!!

Re: Who can help me!!!

Scopes made to US military specs are subject to stringent export restrictions. I suggest you investigate the scope you purchased to see if it is so restricted.

Good luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scopes made to US military specs are subject to stringent export restrictions. I suggest you investigate the scope you purchased to see if it is so restricted.

Good luck. </div></div>

I guess it comes down to if it is "dual use" or "restricted" right? I remember seeing a list of countries where riflescopes that aren't dual use can be sent to and Austria is one of them, but I don't know if an NXS is "dual use" or restricted altogether.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lt. Arclight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A mildot or any other "ranging" reticle makes the export in violation of US Law. </div></div>

Leave it to the Jersey boyz to be up on the gun laws!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lt. Arclight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A mildot or any other "ranging" reticle makes the export in violation of US Law. </div></div>

I don't believe that to be the case, as Leupold exports shitloads of their MK IV's to the UK.

It was a UK dealer who pushed them to produce the TMR reticle in the first place, and we use 'em in the UK no prob.

Austria is in NATO right? so I don't see how there could be a prob.

We can get any Nightforce in the UK. They are made in Japan however.....

When in doubt, speak to Customs, and BATFE. In my experience they have both been really helpfull.

Neil

You just have to find a dealer that has the licensing to export is all. Just more paperwork.

Re: rescued me THX

Why don't you contact Pete Lincoln at Roedale precision? He's just down the road from you (In Germany) and he's also here on the hide.

Pete is a good man. very helpful and knowledgeable. Ask him about exporting from the US to Europe.

Neil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Paduan Learner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lt. Arclight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A mildot or any other "ranging" reticle makes the export in violation of US Law. </div></div>

I don't believe that to be the case, as Leupold exports shitloads of their MK IV's to the UK.

It was a UK dealer who pushed them to produce the TMR reticle in the first place, and we use 'em in the UK no prob.

Austria is in NATO right? so I don't see how there could be a prob.

We can get any Nightforce in the UK. They are made in Japan however.....

When in doubt, speak to Customs, and BATFE. In my experience they have both been really helpfull.

Neil </div></div>

They are no longer made in Japan. They are stamped made in USA.
You must have an older one....