• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes resetting the zero on a falcon menace

grunt soldier

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 20, 2009
indianapolis
sorry its kinda a noob question but i can't get my turrets to reset once i zero. i unscrew the allen screw and try to adjust it back but it moves the zero. any help would be appreciated cause i surely can't get it. what am i doing wrong here

Re: resetting the zero on a falcon menace

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grunt soldier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry its kinda a noob question but i can't get my turrets to reset once i zero. i unscrew the allen screw and try to adjust it back but it moves the zero. any help would be appreciated cause i surely can't get it. what am i doing wrong here </div></div>

Which knobs do you have, old or new style?

old knobs..i am gonna order the new ones but i just bought a premier and don't have any extra funds right now

I have a Falcon Menace 4x14x44 FFP and my elevation is off as well. Does anyone know where I could buy the new knobs? Thanks -Brown

Great site by the way...I've been reading for days on here!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrBrown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a Falcon Menace 4x14x44 FFP and my elevation is off as well. Does anyone know where I could buy the new knobs? Thanks -Brown

Great site by the way...I've been reading for days on here!! </div></div>

MrBrown,

Call Scott at Liberty Optics, he can fix you up.

HTH!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: grunt soldier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">old knobs..i am gonna order the new ones but i just bought a premier and don't have any extra funds right now </div></div>

Hmmm, I have the new knobs but I think the way to do it is to loosen the hex screw pretty loose, gently pull up on the knob freeing the knob from the adjustment shaft. You may need to loosen the central screw pretty loose to free the knob from the adjustment shaft. Rotate to the right place and push back down and tighten.

I have also tremendously freed up and improved adjuster feel by pulling off the adjustment knobs/caps and replacing the stock O-rings with a slightly smaller size O-ring. On my prototype 5.5-25x56 Falcon the O-rings I used needed to be different sizes to get the same feel for both elevation and windage adjustments. Works like a charm and the clicks are now clearly more audible and tactal.

HTH!

anybody else this isn't working for me. if someone could shoot me a pm and explain this in dumb ass terms for me cause its not working for me.

mr brown .. unfortunately scott at liberty optics doesn't deal w/ falcon optics. i wish he did as i talked to him and even w/ out buying something he was very friendly and professional. either way call whoever you bought the scope from and get them from them they should be free. i guess thats what i will have to do also..i figured mine out and hopefully it will work out. i still got to zero again now

RW snyder is the go-to guy for falcon issues. That said, i'm not sure they outright sell the turrets to upgrade the old scopes. The "new" turrets are all mil/mil, so if your old falcon was MOA, then your are not going to be able to use them anyway.

On the old ones, hold the knob and loosen the center screw. If you don't hold it, you'll turn the knob and lose your zero. turn the screw out pretty far, pull the cap straight up to disengage the splines. Turn to the zero mark (or close to it, they don't always line up exactly) and press the cap back down. Tighten screw.

The new ones have grub screws and are much stiffer turrets so they don't turn while you are resetting it, at least on mine. This is a MUCH better setup, IMHO.