• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes resetting turrets on weaver classic v scope

rweaver00geo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2010
benton il
anyone have experience with this scope 4-16x42 the instructions are generic and vague, It says to remove the screw on top? Ive already stripped a finger nail and didnt want to take a tool to it unless I have to.
scope.jpg

Re: resetting turrets on weaver classic v scope

You can take a pair of pliers and gently give the hold down screw a turn, I have used the pliers on a leatherman to just break the torque(the rounded inner jaws fit pretty well). It is probably just past fingernail torque. It shouldn't hurt anything.

The good news is if you do and up with a problem their customer service is great, or was a few years ago when I used them.

Try wrapping some electrical tape around the pliers as well. this will keep them from stripping the screw and give you a little more bite on the head without squeezing too hard.

Trevor B

thanks guys just wanted to be sure that it would give before i tried, will attempt this weekend.

yup that did it, they really need to engineer that better + i could hardly fit my fat fingers and the multitool on the knob and keep it from slipping at the same time