• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Resident Evil (Netflix)

M8541Reaper

Frozen Sour Patch Kid Cult Leader
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 23, 2011
    AZ
    I’m a fan of the original RE games and the two remakes of the originals, but didn’t care for any of the Mika movies. The newest one outside of the Mila films was eh but better than the previous ones.

But this new series…

Fuck, could they get you to hate the main character (let alone most of the characters) any more? Absolutely terrible characters and holy shit could they be any more accommodating for every single progressive cliche.

I watched it to see what they did with the storyline, which was noting but overreaching fan service, but holy fuck that was terrible.

The story in the first three games was great. That’s all they literally have to follow if they want an easy trilogy but instead RE fans get this trash on top of ____ number of Mila films?

Its funny because RT shows it having a high score from critics but a terrible score from actual viewers. 😂

Save yourselves. 🍻

I liked Lance Reddick as Wesker, but that was about it. Okay and the Umbrella mook armor looked kinda neat. And the Umbrella employee dual-wielding a C96 and... a Luger or a P38 or something.

Thing was, at the start of the series, it seemed promising. Jane Goodall among the zombies was an angle the other Resident Evil media hadn't taken and I kind of liked it. And then it went downhill. This has some spoilers n shit.

1. You've been studying these things for how long? Why the hell wouldn't you prepare your nest/hide better? Why wouldn't you wear better clothing? Sheer luck you didn't get eaten.

2. Why would you suddenly become so balls-out moronic that you'd bring a fucking zombie onto your secure child-ridden facility with your own family. You are a scientist who knows better and you're a mother who knows better. The predictable happens. And there seem to be little to no actual repercussions for her stupidity when there absolutely would've been.

3. Please god enough with the "This little girl is somehow speshul and the giant zombie creatures won't hurt her for some reason because SPESHUL." crap they pulled in the last episode.

4. With the exception of Wesker, and a couple other characters who are there only to briefly pad the cast, most of the characters are so boring and/or reprehensible I just could not give a fuck about them. The evil corporate bitch, yeah that's prime Umbrella Corp, but she came off as being just a selfish asshat where movie-canon Umbrella seemed far more ruthless and just straight megalomaniacal. Isaacs and Wesker wanted to develop bioweapons and take over the world in the movie canon. SHE just wanted to sell shit and drug her wife to get sex? Ahkay...

5. The storyline in the flashbacks was fine enough. I ended up watching the show for THAT and not remotely for the "present" scenes in 2030-whenever. They hinted at a FAR more interesting story with the Brotherhood and the map divided into new nation-states but they barely followed up on any of it. I wanted to see more about that. Apparently some form of government survives in cross-nation capacity, so why not explain more? All we got was "These nuts in France think the zombies are god's wrath and they survived as the Chosen." without any explanation of how THAT happened. There was mention that the Vatican had taken over more territory, so are they reconsolidating a Holy Roman Empire or something? What is society like in these places? How the hell can India still be a thing, yet it's clearly marked on a map that SOMEONE has governmental control over it and adjacent territory. Has Australia gone full Mad Max yet?

Oh but it'll be fine, season 2 will have Ada in it and maybe Jill and/or Claire but probably not because they'll need more original characters. Leon and Chris will not be present, I'm sure, because it would take away from the Strong Independent Special Female Protagonist thing. Not that they didn't mess her up to begin with. Bring a zombie on my goddamn ship and endanger the community, you're not just gonna get a free pass back on...

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    I liked Lance Reddick as Wesker, but that was about it. Okay and the Umbrella mook armor looked kinda neat. And the Umbrella employee dual-wielding a C96 and... a Luger or a P38 or something.

Thing was, at the start of the series, it seemed promising. Jane Goodall among the zombies was an angle the other Resident Evil media hadn't taken and I kind of liked it. And then it went downhill. This has some spoilers n shit.

1. You've been studying these things for how long? Why the hell wouldn't you prepare your nest/hide better? Why wouldn't you wear better clothing? Sheer luck you didn't get eaten.

2. Why would you suddenly become so balls-out moronic that you'd bring a fucking zombie onto your secure child-ridden facility with your own family. You are a scientist who knows better and you're a mother who knows better. The predictable happens. And there seem to be little to no actual repercussions for her stupidity when there absolutely would've been.

3. Please god enough with the "This little girl is somehow speshul and the giant zombie creatures won't hurt her for some reason because SPESHUL." crap they pulled in the last episode.

4. With the exception of Wesker, and a couple other characters who are there only to briefly pad the cast, most of the characters are so boring and/or reprehensible I just could not give a fuck about them. The evil corporate bitch, yeah that's prime Umbrella Corp, but she came off as being just a selfish asshat where movie-canon Umbrella seemed far more ruthless and just straight megalomaniacal. Isaacs and Wesker wanted to develop bioweapons and take over the world in the movie canon. SHE just wanted to sell shit and drug her wife to get sex? Ahkay...

5. The storyline in the flashbacks was fine enough. I ended up watching the show for THAT and not remotely for the "present" scenes in 2030-whenever. They hinted at a FAR more interesting story with the Brotherhood and the map divided into new nation-states but they barely followed up on any of it. I wanted to see more about that. Apparently some form of government survives in cross-nation capacity, so why not explain more? All we got was "These nuts in France think the zombies are god's wrath and they survived as the Chosen." without any explanation of how THAT happened. There was mention that the Vatican had taken over more territory, so are they reconsolidating a Holy Roman Empire or something? What is society like in these places? How the hell can India still be a thing, yet it's clearly marked on a map that SOMEONE has governmental control over it and adjacent territory. Has Australia gone full Mad Max yet?

Oh but it'll be fine, season 2 will have Ada in it and maybe Jill and/or Claire but probably not because they'll need more original characters. Leon and Chris will not be present, I'm sure, because it would take away from the Strong Independent Special Female Protagonist thing. Not that they didn't mess her up to begin with. Bring a zombie on my goddamn ship and endanger the community, you're not just gonna get a free pass back on...
    “And there seem to be little to no actual repercussions for her stupidity when there absolutely would've been.”
    -Sums up the entire season

Yea I think he was a good pick for Wesker. But holy shit Jade is the worst creature in the show. Homeboy that lost his wife/kid should have definitely been allowed to put a bullet in her.

Read some time ago that the "Resident Evil" movie franchise is filled with careless prop handling/construction/maintenance, serious accidents on sets are common, and the company does not want to pay for medical care resulting from their own negligence which caused these accidents. Some injured actors and stunt crews have sued, and won cases.

Found the article:

“And there seem to be little to no actual repercussions for her stupidity when there absolutely would've been.”
    -Sums up the entire season

Yea I think he was a good pick for Wesker. But holy shit Jade is the worst creature in the show. Homeboy that lost his wife/kid should have definitely been allowed to put a bullet in her.
    For sure. At least with her sister she's T-virus crazy later, or whatever, so her psychopathy is tolerable.

The show isn't what I was hoping for. I'd rather see more of a military action against the zombies like you get in some of the games. Or well they weren't zombies, they were the other ones with parasites or whatever, or the werewolf dudes in Village, but you get the idea. The way they did in the one movie with the Arctic testing facility and all the Hero Guy characters generally kicking all the ass. Bring in Ada, Jill, Claire, whoever else, just have maximum ass-kickery and less angst!

Have been a resident evil fan since I was in high school, but I canceled Netflix a year ago over their wokeness, but it’s nice to know I’m not missing much.

There should be a Law against marketing Communism to children.
    Okay, I'll bite. How does it market communism to children when the show's very much adult-oriented and communism doesn't seem to enter into much of it?

Fun fact: The original Resident Evil 2 game is what made the .50AE Desert Eagle my favorite handgun. My dream gun is to have a gold version.
    Well, here ya go.
    You know these can only be fired while being held sideways....in da hood.....right ?
    Wearing a fur jacket, with one 'ho on each side of you......and ya gotta pimp slap a 'ho after firing it.

Loved the games too, hated the movies except for Milla jovavich. What kid growing up in the 2000’s didn’t love milla. Anyway, Paul Anderson says in the commentary why the movie story is completely different from the game. It’s because he said people have already played the game, why would they want to watch something they have already played, so he made up some stupid shit. I would argue, why even call it resident evil if you’re just going to make up your own story anyways. And we all know the answer to that.

Yea, won’t be watching the series.