• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

response e-mail from John McCain

persistant7500

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2009
Buckeye AZ
Dear Mr. Stewart:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, and its impact on federal gun legislation. I appreciate your taking the time to share your views with me.

As you know, on December 14, 2012, a mentally unstable gunman committed a senseless atrocity by murdering twenty students and six staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut. While many Americans continue to try to rationalize this tragedy it remains clear that the inhumane and depraved actions of this individual gunman appear to be motivated solely by his extremely disturbed mental state.

On January 16, 2013, President Obama and his administration introduced a twenty-three point plan which lays out both executive and legislative proposals that would attempt to prevent future violence. As the details of the President’s proposals become more clear, I look forward to reviewing them, and working with my colleagues to find sensible solutions that respect the Second Amendment but also help us prevent these type of horrific events from ever happening again.

While I am an unwavering supporter of the Second Amendment, please know that I will seriously consider all reasonable public safety legislation that comes before the Senate.
Thank you once again for contacting my office. Please do not hesitate to do so on this or any other issue of concern.

Sincerely,
John McCain
United States Senator

JM/JT

Somehow I don't feel comforted by that, maybe his standard of reasonable is pretty wishy washy in my book. Jeff...........

Re: response e-mail from John McCain

Leaving himself an out and refusing to acknowledge that the guns have nothing to do with it.

Disappointing.

McCain got a "pass" from many on the conservative side of the aisle due to his past as a war veteran. If you look at how he has voted through the years and bills that he has sponsored with liberal minded senators, it would not surprise me to see him vote for some of the feel-good BS that will do nothing to change school shootings or other such events that has spurred this legislation.

Cliff Notes: I'll go whatever way the (voters) wind blows to get re-elected.

I don't trust him. He reaches around the aisle too much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KUSA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I don't trust him. He reaches around too much</span>. </div></div>

Fixed it for you.

Never really got this guy. But he seems to fit the mold, every Navy Aviator I can think of or know is a wishy washy girly man. It really makes sense now why they casted Tom Cruise and Richard Gere as Naval Aviators!