• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rest Easy Gunny

Fx51LP308

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Apr 8, 2021
    Tampa Bay, FL

Thank you for making "real" Naval officers. Not the stuff we get today. I shall never forget Ensign Seeger and how you helped her.

In addition, you had a dual Military Role as Col., then Brig. General "Chappy" in the"Iron Eagle" series.

Rest Easy. You deserve it.

Last edited:
    Hell of an actor. I loved a lot of his movies when I was a kid Iron eagle, El diablo, toy soldiers.

God Iron eagle was just so horrid. I am ok with movies existing in a reality that does not exist, but with the stuff in that movie.....sorry I just could not buy it.

He did knock it out of the park in officer and gent.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
    I really enjoyed him in Diggstown as the boxer. Great ending if you've not seen it.

I really like his sense of humor in Firewalker (if I remember correctly) with Chuck Norris.

Godspeed sir. You'll be missed.

God Iron eagle was just so horrid. I am ok with movies existing in a reality that does not exist, but with the stuff in that movie.....sorry I just could not buy it.

Well, if nothing else, at least it demonstrated to Military Internal Security the need to keep things totally tight. Rule #1 being, never allow other family into the op facilities (especially kids). I have to wonder how many base security personnel were scratching their heads after seeing it. I mean, "Take your child to work day" is one thing, but Daaaayyyyooooomm!

He did knock it out of the park in officer and gent.

Yes, he did.

Reactions: Rookie
    Great actor and will be missed. Liked him in Iron Eagle (I was a kid, what can I say), The Deep, and Jaws 3 among many others.

Thank you for making "real" Naval officers. Not the stuff we get today. I shall never forget Ensign Seeger and how you helped her.

In addition, you had a dual Military Role as Col., then Brig. General "Chappy" in the"Iron Eagle" series.

Rest Easy. You deserve it.
    That's some fucked up shit.
    Last I looked there weren't any sergeants in the navy ?

That's some fucked up shit.
    Last I looked there weren't any sergeants in the navy ?

But there are sergeants in the Marine Corps, which falls under the "Dept. of the Navy." And, apparently, this particular installation used Marine Corps DI's to train Naval Officer Candidates. Ever notice that there are no USMC "Medical" personnel at the Recruit depots? But there are Navy Corpsmen. No USMC Chaplains, but there are Navy Chaplains.

Sometimes, different tasks are done by different branches of service. And I, for one, am glad they have USMC GySgt's doing OCS training. Because the one question any qualified DI will ask is, "Could I ever salute this person?" So you know they aren't going to turn out anything but a truly qualified individual.

Well, it used to be that way!

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ronws
    But there are sergeants in the Marine Corps, which falls under the "Dept. of the Navy." And, apparently, this particular installation used Marine Corps DI's to train Naval Officer Candidates. Ever notice that there are no USMC "Medical" personnel at the Recruit depots? But there are Navy Corpsmen. No USMC Chaplains, but there are Navy Chaplains.

Sometimes, different tasks are done by different branches of service. And I, for one, am glad they have USMC GySgt's doing OCS training. Because the one question any qualified DI will ask is, "Could I ever salute this person?" So you know they aren't going to turn out anything but a truly qualified individual.

Well, it used to be that way!