• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Restocking model 70 any thoughts

JbBooks

Twoisoneoneisnone
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2013
Sooner state
I have a model 70 heavy barrel varmint in 22-250, was goin to restock, maybe tactical. Any suggestions? Thanks

McMillan. Has the same footprint as the fn rifles so should be easy enough to find one. Its McMillan so not much else to say...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Place an order with Manners or McMillan and get it the way you want. Thats the best option IMO, unless you happen to find an old take off stock from a FN SPR like I did...

Firearms2013022.jpg

Your M-70 SA should drop right into an SPR cut McMillan or Manners stock. Your M-70 likely has a hinged floorplate, so specify that as SPRs also come with a different bottom inlet DBM/TBM. Either the DBM or TBM should feed the .22-250 just fine if you wanted to change magazine type. If not, just specify hinged floorplate, McMillan has that pattern, too.

I have had both Manners & McMillan. Stocks are the same quality with pretty much the same service. Manners used to be quite a bit faster but I understand that may not be so anymore. McMillans unwillingness to respond to market demands CREATED the success of Manners stocks.

Thanks guys for all your input and even thanks to the randomman5 who was tryin to be funny and failed miserably.