• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Results June Topstraps Longrange (midrange) Rimfire match

Topstrap

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2009
East side of Ohio
Another beautiful weekend for my Longrange Rimfire (well, probably Midrange Rimfire) match here is beautiful East Ohio. So many shoots going on anymore shooters have to pick and choose which ones they want to attend. I'll plan another one for probably the second weekend in July and will put notices up on Rimfire Central, Accurate Shooter and Snipers Hide along with sending an email to those on my email list.

The peep sight shooters had to shoot the close shoot thru targets this month which gave them a challenge, I used one of Butches racks for my special finishing up target at 130 yards which surprising most did quite well on. I painted a 6" white ring around the small center star so the peep shooters can have something to aim at but they still had to hit the little star in the middle. Might have to move it on out a bit more if I use it again. Even though it was pretty windy up at the tree tops down here in my little hollow it's pretty calm with maybe an edge hold at the most all weekend.

A couple shooters tried the newer Eley brand Wolf MT and around 150 yards most agreed they won't be using it again. Wish they had stuck with Lapua brand since most of us are looking for a good replacement. I have been using cheap $2.06/50 Geco Rifle or Match and it's doing great in nearly all my rifles.

Had a couple new shooters this month and I want to thank them for coming. I'm sure as they get settings for these longer distances and find the ammo their gun likes they'll be ringing the steel nearly every shot.

Bob Brown and Celia Callahan won the two $25.00 drawings this month. Bill Nesbitt was this months match winner and will have a free entry next month.

Quite an assortment of guns and scopes being used, I really like seeing the older target rifles being brought out especially with peep sights. The 4 moa targets the peep shooters shoot at start off quite smaller than the scoped racks and after 100 yards slowly start to get a bit larger. They all look like pin pricks and after 85 shots they start to dissappear as you stare at them thru those tiny apperatures. I think overall it works out really close between the two and lets everyone feel they can be competitive with either and have fun hitting those tiny pieces of steel way out there.

On to the scores: All ties were placed with reverse count. I don't count Chris or My scores for the match since its our home range.

86 Dennis Kirkpatrick Ural-2 Peep Sights Geco Rifle ($2.06/50)
84 Chris Kirkpatrick Anschutz 1413 SWFA 20X Geco Match (3.06/50

Match Winner
85 Bill Nesbitt (2) Anschutz MPR NF SK Pistol
83 Jerry Shaw H&R model 12 SWFA 20X Eley CMP
82 Bob Merillat Anschutz 1907 March SK (red)
82 Bob Ellwood Rem 40-X Lucid SK std.
80 Dave Callipare V-22 gun (Ooduu) NF ammo he said expensive but I'm guessing Wolf (old)
80 Mike Moore (2) Anschutz Bushnell Wolf (old)
79 Jim Lochary Anschutz MPR Vortex CCI std.
78 Mike Moore (3) Savage Bushnell Wolf (old)
78 Bub Ellwood Rem 40-X Lucid SK std.
78 Jerry Shaw (2) Ruger 10/22 (Kidd) Nikon 3-9 Eley CMP
77 Bill Nesbitt (1) V-22 (Ooduu) NF SK Pistol
77 Carl Duvall (3) Savage Bushnell Wolf (old)
75 Bob Brown Rem 40-X Weaver 42X Eley CMP
74 Chuck Wagner Rem 40-X SWFA 20X Geco Match
73 Kenny Arnold Ruger Precision SWFA 20X Eley std.
73 Mike Moore (1) Savage Bushnell Wolf (old)
72 Karen Marsh CZ Ultra Lux SWFA 3-15 CCI std
71 Mark Bruckelmyer Savage NF SK std+
71 Matt Shatto Anschutz Peep Sights CCI std.
71 Mike Reynolds Savage Lucid Wolf (new)
69 Celia Callahan Savage Leupold Wolf (old)
69 Carl Duvall (1) CZ Bushnell Wolf (new)
69 Rod Holdcroft Vortex HST CCI std.
68 Tom Rayner Kraco Bushnell 10X CCI std.
66 Carl Duvall (2) CZ 455 Bushnell Wolf (new)
54 Brice Rayner Ruger 10/22 Bushnell 10X CCI std.
39 Brian Zoller Ruger Precision Leupold Federal Bulk
33 Tammy Zoller Ruger Precision Leupold Federal Bulk

Attachments

• alltargetsfrombench.jpg
    alltargetsfrombench.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 30