• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Results May longrange rimfire match

Topstrap

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2009
East side of Ohio
The May longrange rimfire match is out of the way. It's amazing me how much everyone has improved. It comes down to a few targets that separate the positions now. Everyone has figured out their settings and it pretty much comes down to making the right wind calls.

Chris shot peep sights with the H&R model 12, those young eyes let him see targets that I had to use the spotting scope to view. He shot a 198 without any bonus which amazed me. Those peep sights really can shoot well. A few of the stages I adjusted by giving a 50% point increase due to even him now being able to see a target past the 1 or 2 pointer and he had to keep shooting the one pointer for hits.

It pretty much came down to getting an early hit on splitting the bullet on the axe and a couple cut match sticks to separate the top few places. I am learning a lot spending so much time behind the spotting scope seeing the flags, how they are holding for wind and seeing what it’s doing to the fired round.

Weather was a factor this month. Wed was really windy, Thursday was hot but nearly everyone had to take out a lot of elevation and was shooting over their first target once we got farther out. Friday was the same with shooting high. Saturday wasn't too bad but for some shifting wind and Sunday for the three shooters it started to rain but was calm. A couple shooters tried different ammo than their normal and struggled with settings.

Hope everyone had fun, we all get frustrated when we miss targets but that is part of the nature with shooting rimfires at small targets at these distances.

This was the first time my wife has ever shot a scoped rifle, she was a heck of a IHMSA silhouette shooter and routinely beat me offhand. Took her a bit to figure out getting behind the scope the same every time but she did well. Think we'll take her to our local 1000 yard shoots next time.

Random number generator program selected numbers 5 and 14. Winners of the drawing are Doug Yeorgin and Rube Perkins for $25.00 each. Remind me when I see you to collect before I forget :) . Winner gets free entry next month which will be Mike Moore since Chris and I excluded ourselves from that.
Results:

1 272 Dennis Kirkpatrick Remington SWFA 20X Wolf MT
2 270 Chris Kirkpatrick H&R mod 12 Peep sights CCI SV
3 264 Mike Moore Savage SWFA Wolf MT
4 261 Dave Pritts H&R mod 12 SWFA Tac-22
5 258 Doug Yeorgin CZ 452 SWFA Wolf MT
6 256 Shawn Lutey CZ 452 SWFA Wolf MT
7 253 Wil Keller Anschutz SWFA 16X Wolf MT
8 250 Jim Lochary Anschutz MPR Vortex Wolf MT
9 250 Mick Humphrey Anschutz MPR Wolf MT
10 244 Dave Calipare Kidd 10/22 SWFA Wolf MT
11 243 Charlene Kirkpatrick Anschutz SWFA 20X Wolf MT