• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Results May Topstraps Rimfire Challenge

Topstrap

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2009
East side of Ohio
Wanted to thank everyone that braved the cold wet weekend to attend my match. This is getting kinda old with the rain and cold, sooner or later I'll get lucky and have a decent three days for the shooters. No one complained but the conditions weren't favorable for high scores. There were some new shooters come give it a try and they did very well.

The quest for the perfect ammo is still a priority, just when you think you found it and are ready to set new high score records you get slapped around and realize just how frustrating this rimfire competition stuff is. Chris and I just shoot whatever we have and have never pursued the lot number stuff and that is why our scores probably show why we should but then it becomes more like a job instead of an enjoyable day being out.

I really enjoy seeing the older target guns being used, especially peep sight competitors. I have a set of 4 moa targets specifically for the peep sight guys. This may sound huge but when looking thru a set of peeps they look like pin pricks, you totally rely on a spotter on how much wind to hold from shot to shot. They also have to shoot the same target the same number of times that is on the scoped rack which can cause it to totally grey out and make it really hard to see. Dig out out peep sighted guns and bring them, it's really run to go Old Skool like Grandpap did back in the day. Derrick Warren also tried the peeps and the wind messed with him a bit but he's definately gonna shoot that perfect score in the near future.

Only two shooters split more than one bullet on the axe this month out of three shots. Both were "Old Guys" shooting old H&R model 12 guns. Good shooting Frank and Tom. For the first time out with not really having settings they did quite well. Think we'll see them again. Also had some PRS guys come give it a go and they also did quite well being this isn't their game.

Next month the match will be on June 10th, 11th and 12th. Hope for sunshine and calm weather. I've told others but if you wish to stop by and get settings or a bit of practice the targets are always up. Just get ahold of me to make sure nothing is going on and you're welcome to use the range.

Bill Nesbitt was the match winner this month and will get a free entry next month. Since Chris lives here we don't include our scores for winning a match. Chris shot a perfect score on the regular targets shooting my old BSA Martine International with peep sights, he even split one bullet on the axe at 50 yards. Nice to have good eyes, great job Chris. Peep sight shooters don't have any bonus or gamble targets for extra points so they are limited to the targets they hit. I still think it's pretty even having them compete against the scoped guys, if in doubt the guns are here if you want to give it a try.

All ties are decided by reverse count including the final bonus stage. Number beside name is times entered.

F = Friday S = Saturday * = Sunday shooting day.

-- 86 F Chris Kirkpatrick BSA Martini Int. Peep Sights SK Biathlon
1. 83 F Bill Nesbitt Vudoo NF SK Biathlon
2. 83 F Dennis Kirkpatrick Ural Peep Sights SK Biathlon
3. 82 S Matt Gallagher (2) CZ 457 Vortex Strike Eagle Eley Black Box
4. 81 S Phil Polmisano Anschutz SWFA 20X Eley Team
5. 81 * Bob Brown Remington 540X Mueller Lapua Polar Biathlon
6. 81 S Derrick Warren (1) CZ 457 Vortex SK Longrange
7. 81 S Charles Wright Rim-X Vortex Strike Eagle Eley Black Box
8. 81 S Derrick Warren (1) Remington 513-T Peep Sights SK Longrange
9. 80 * Derrick Warren (2) Remington 513-T Peep Sights SK Longrange
10. 80 F Kenny Arnold CZ 457 Vortex PST Center-X
11. 79 * Derrick Warren CZ 457 Vortex SK Longrange
12. 79 F Corey Hill Rim-X Athlon SK Longrange
13. 79 F Jim Lochary Vudoo NF SK Biathlon
14. 79 F Jared Henderson Vudoo Vortex SK Longrange
15. 79 F Jerry Shaw H&R 12 SWFA 20X SK Biathlon
16. 78 S Matt Gallagher CZ 457 Vortex Strike Eagle Eley Black Box
17. 77 S Dakota Wright Rim-X Vortex Strike Eagle ELey Black Box
18. 77 F Chuck Wagner H&R 12 20X SWFA RWS Target
19. 76 F Dave Callipare Vudoo NF SK Biathlon
20. 75 S John Schumacher Anschutz NF SK Biathlon
21. 75 * Rob Jackson H&R 12 20X SWFA Eley Bulk
22. 74 S David Phillips Vudoo Vortex Diamond SK Std.
23. 72 * Frank Rose H&R 12 SWFA 20X CCI Std.
24. 72 S Cuda Gatten CZ 452 Arken SK Biathlon
25. 71 F Rube Perkins !0/22 NF SK Biathlon
26. 69 F Butch McCort Walther Bushnell Tactical CCI Std.
27. 67 S Karen Marsh CX Ultra Lux SWFA SK Biathlon
28. 65 * Tom Emery H&R 12 SWFA 20X CCI Std.
29. 63 S Wyatt Phillips Bergara Vortex Diamond SK Std.
30. 61 * Jacob Slyder Ruger Precision Bushnell Tactical CCI Std.
31. 60 S Matt Shatto CZ 455 Arken CCI Std.