• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Results Odessa FV200yd F-Class Dec. 5th

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
We had a fine day, no snow flurries until we were finished.
Even better, no real wind to contend with either.

Here are the results...

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-Open </span>

1. Sled 196-16V

2. Jared* 191-13V

3. Greg 182-12V

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-T/R </span>

1. KMussack 194-12V

2. Dan M. 191-14V

3. Philipp 167-1V

* Jared has been participating in our Junior Shooter Program for about 4 years. He`s maybe 16 or 17 years of age. He used my Savage in a McMillan A5 stock chambered in .223Rem with an early Redfield 5 Star 6-18X-40mm scope and shot off of my Hart front rest and a rear bag. I had Sled coach him for his first relay, then he fired the second relay on his own. I`m so pleased with his score today!!

Secondly, seeing as how Sled had an unfortunate scope issue at the last match, I gave him my Savage in 6BRX to use for today`s match. He chose to put a Harris swivel bi-pod on (that`s why Jared shot Open class, I only had one stud between the two guns)
blush.gif

Note "Coach" Sled`s score
whistle.gif

I`ll let him comment as he wishes.

It was a fine day here in Odessa!

Thanks,

Scott

Re: Results Odessa FV200yd F-Class Dec. 5th

Scott,

Thanks again for a great day!

How about that - I posted my best score with your rifle! I know, I could have used the rest, but last time I had a hard time switching methods from bipod to rest. I do REALLY like that stock. I may have to do some shopping - maybe a Christmas/birthday present to myself? (My birthday is right after Christmas, so two birds with one stone.)

It was also a confidence builder that I can do this when my equipment holds together. Two matches in a row were hampered by equipment issues. I can't wait to get my rifle back up and running and see what I can do with it again!

As for Jared, he seems to have what it takes to be a shooter. Especially the second relay, I think he settled in a bit more. And I was a bit concerned about the coaching - the new guy coaching the newer guy? But, I think we did fine. He scored well, and I think he enjoyed himself.

Yet another great day at Odessa!

Steve

Scot, you lent all your equiptment out and didn't have anything left to shoot yourself????
now thats dedication

Yeah, I sure did. It was great to watch Sled coach Jared the first relay, then watch both shoot the second relay together with my guns and see both do so well in the end.

Still grinning...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...
Still grinning... </div></div>

Me too! And probably for a couple days yet.

John, you get a deer yet?

Enjoyed the day and the company was great too. As for the scores, mine suck. This is getting monotonous...

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Unless the next one's a lot warmer, I'm done for this Winter.</span> What am I, stupid? Never burn your bridges, Greg...

But best fortune to the hardy souls who stay the course; and many thanks to Scotty for continuing to make this event available.

Greg