• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reticle Eyepiece for Swaro Spotting Scopes.

Make sure you can return the eyepiece if it doesn't work out. Just because the bayonet mount is the same on all 3 scopes does not mean the reticle will subtend properly.

If it does subtend correctly, that would be huge.

Joe

The Vortex 30x reticle eyepiece fits the Swarovski ATS/STS ATM//STM scope bodies, and the subtentions are correct. I've been using the Vortex 30x reticle eyepiece on my STS 65mm body for over a year. Optically, it leaves a little on the table compared to the Swarovski eyepiece, but works well enough to spot hits/misses at distances over 1000 yards.

That's good to know! That just made up my mind of what scope to upgrade to. What does the vortex 30x reticle look like?

I don't know what you are trying to do. You can see trikes by using the Swar eyepiece, why do you need a reticle?

I shoot LONG ranges with two Swarovski 65s strapped together as binocs or Big Eyes. The target should be in the middle of the scope and if you can't see hits somewhere on the scope, you have the wrong weapon!

The Vortex 30x reticle eyepiece fits the Swarovski ATS/STS ATM//STM scope bodies, and the subtentions are correct. I've been using the Vortex 30x reticle eyepiece on my STS 65mm body for over a year. Optically, it leaves a little on the table compared to the Swarovski eyepiece, but works well enough to spot hits/misses at distances over 1000 yards.

I don't know what you are trying to do. You can see trikes by using the Swar eyepiece, why do you need a reticle?

I shoot LONG ranges with two Swarovski 65s strapped together as binocs or Big Eyes. The target should be in the middle of the scope and if you can't see hits somewhere on the scope, you have the wrong weapon!

You must not shoot LONG ranges in hatteras. I'm in KDH.

Any idea whether the eyepiece fits on the old AT80s?

Last edited:

That seems strange to me. Yes the eyepiece fits the body I'm sure but I doubt the subtend correctly. I know it doesn't work on the 16-48x65 razor. Have you used it against a FFP rifle scope? If you are using it with a SFP I could see it working at a certain power but not max power.

Subtentions checked against objects of known size at known distances. Also checked against a 1 MOA grid at 100 yards (I have the MOA version). Doubt all you want, my sample of 1 works perfectly.

That seems strange to me. Yes the eyepiece fits the body I'm sure but I doubt the subtend correctly. I know it doesn't work on the 16-48x65 razor. Have you used it against a FFP rifle scope? If you are using it with a SFP I could see it working at a certain power but not max power.

Kilmer,
Does Vortex reticle eyepiece mention F- number?
Also, could not find Razor 85mm spotter focal length from specs, eyepiece f could be calculated with it.

Reticle Eyepiece for Swaro Spotting Scopes.

Well I've gone shooting with it, and the MOA markings line up with my targets that have 1" squares when I was shooting at 100 and 470 yards. The only thing I miss was the ability to zoom in once in a while, I would have to change to the higher mag eyepiece.

What I really like is how easy it is to focus the reticle on the target.. And of course calling corrections!

Last edited:
Vortex eyepiece arrived today and fit fine in the Swaro once I removed the O ring from the eyepiece. With the O ring in place it was too tight and wouldn't lock. I'll take to the range this weekend and check the sub tensions.

Used the scope today with the Vortex MOA reticle. Worked great and the subtensions were spot on at 100 yards.

Actually the hunting is better here than most think…especially the Piping Plover.

Are you in the extreme long range world?

Hehe Ive never ate plover but I am not scared to run over a couple next time I am on the beach.

Extreme long range? eh not really. I do have a place to shoot 2000-3000 yds in Hyde County when the mirage isnt bad.