• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Reticle focus changes ffp

motorcycleboy

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2017
I just bought a ffp scope and after setting it up the reticle goes more and more out of focus as power is lowered? Anyone know what is going on?

Can you explain your process to set the diopter? I'd recommend setting magnification on the lowest setting but still be able to see the reticle detail instead of setting it at max magnification, then set according to the PSA on diopters in the sticky. I have that with my eyesight I always need to fine tune my diopter, my eyes adjust way too quickly or something but using the "normal" manufacturer's recommendations usually does not get my diopter quite right.

Can you explain your process to set the diopter? I'd recommend setting magnification on the lowest setting but still be able to see the reticle detail instead of setting it at max magnification, then set according to the PSA on diopters in the sticky. I have that with my eyesight I always need to fine tune my diopter, my eyes adjust way too quickly or something but using the "normal" manufacturer's recommendations usually does not get my diopter quite right.
I focused the reticle at max mag at infinity. I tried the method you suggested name that doesn’t help. Then the reticle is out of focus at full mag. I have 5 other ffp scopes and the reticle stays in focus throughout the magnification range. This will have to go back.