• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reticle from the scope in The Killer

kmcdonou

Private
Minuteman
Nov 3, 2010
In the new movie, The Killer, on Netflix the hitman uses an a scope I couldn't identify but did clearly show a picture of the reticle. I am curious if anyone knows the reticle and correspondingly the scope model? It is similar to Nightforce's Moar-T but not exactly.

Reticle from The Killer.png

Looks like a bullshit reticle made up for TV. Is the 2 a mill or moa? Either way it's too much. Never seen a .1 moa or .1 mil reticle.

Could be 20 moa with 1 moa hash marks.

Looks like a Nf moar but 10/20 would make more sense then 1/2 for the spacing on your pic
IMG_5968.png

Reactions: TheMammoth
Yeah, I am starting to think like DBD that it is a made-up reticle.

Yeah, I am starting to think like DBD that it is a made-up reticle.
The only two times I recall seeing a real reticle is in Jack Reacher where theres a Mildot reticle, and The Shooter (Movie and Series) where there are a variety of Leupold scopes with real reticles (mildot, TMR, Tremor 2).
I think I recall seeing a Schmidt P4f in a movie but don't recall which.

99% of the time reticles are made up, and usually they think up something that looks ridiculous and makes no sense.
This one doesn't do too bad of a job, it looks ok on the surface but is fairly nonsensical for actual use.

I'm not a big movie person so there could be lots that do it right.

In Rambo they used the correct Gen II Mildot that went with the S&B 3-12 that was on the Barrett. The movie Jarhead did a good job of showing the football mildots in a Unertl too. It seems like TV shows and movies are doing a better job at showing stuff more true to life but who can forget this reticle haha?

1699848840847.png

Reactions: camocorvette
Screenshot_20231113-001105.png

Still trying to find the ole shock absorbing cross hair or mil lighting bolt design. Well I guess I'll get back to the search after I hand file my Sierra's.

Sniper (1993)

Reactions: Ranchhand
That's gotta be a Vortex reticle. LOL. Or maybe it's an Arken.