• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reticle training aid

Jacoby_f

Private
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2023
Columbus
*I’m new here so if this doesn’t belong please delete or shift to a different location.*

I’m currently teaching marksmanship and looking for custom reticle training aid. I’d like to have this printed on a clear durable plastic to overlay on a printed target to help understand where my students are holding. The issue is there are some specialized military units that use custom reticles and the industry doesn’t offer those. Where would I go about finding these or making them? I plan to start making phone calls to the manufacturer as well as trainingsights.com. Thank you in advance for your time.

*I’m new here so if this doesn’t belong please delete or shift to a different location.*

I’m currently teaching marksmanship and looking for custom reticle training aid. I’d like to have this printed on a clear durable plastic to overlay on a printed target to help understand where my students are holding. The issue is there are some specialized military units that use custom reticles and the industry doesn’t offer those. Where would I go about finding these or making them? I plan to start making phone calls to the manufacturer as well as trainingsights.com. Thank you in advance for your time.
Find the image online. Take it to FedEx office and have it printed on an overhead projector paper.

Strelok Pro has a database of a reticles and you can see different holds on target that reflect your firing solution. You can change targets too. It also has a screenshot option I believe. This might not help but it's worth a look and maybe other ballistic aps have this too?

Strelok Pro has a database of a reticles and you can see different holds on target that reflect your firing solution. You can change targets too. It also has a screenshot option I believe. This might not help but it's worth a look and maybe other ballistic aps have this too?
I’ve got StrelokPro and this reticle was built specifically for Socom and isn’t released to the public so no program that I’ve found so far has it.

It’s referred to as EBR-7F Reticle (Second Focal Plane)
I gotta ask. If it isn’t released to the public, are you teaching the guys using it? If not what’s the point? This sounds like a vortex reticle and no one is using vortex optics yet. The new one isn’t even fielded yet.

Reactions: Fig
This is a situation to where my goal is to help the shooter leverage understanding of their reticles. If I had the overlay I could have the shooter recreate their perspective of holds/ mil reading/ target dimensions.

This is a situation to where my goal is to help the shooter leverage understanding of their reticles. If I had the overlay I could have the shooter recreate their perspective of holds/ mil reading/ target dimensions.
Right I get it. But why not use a reticle they are more likely using? Say a Tremr3 or H59 or Mil-XT? Why use a reticle they will never ever ever see. Not sure how that’s helpful. Just my 2 cents. To me it’s the equivalent of using an MOA reticle when talking to a whole room full of guys that use mils.

Go hit up Training Sights. They make various reticle aids and in various sizes. Last I looked they didn’t have it but if you’re a trainer for a dept, then they might work with you and the company who owns the reticle to produce them. I have a few of em for various sights/reticles and they really help when teaching.

If not, get a digital image of it and take it into a print shop as others have recommended.

Reactions: Jacoby_f
This is the reticle they are all using. I understand that it was a collaboration from the specific unit and Vortex. I’m sure they have a few optic choices in their Arms room but out of 32 students they are all running this reticle on their 5.56 gas guns.

I use a duplicate of the target engagement (in mil hash marks) and keep it at the firing position. I find it quickly reconciles what your brain is quickly ciphering for the corrective solution. It's easier to make the corrections when you can see the result of your target impact disappointment and the correct adjustments that are required to restore accuracy. It's application is independent of scope reticle. The subconscious
mind knows correct repitetition!
IMG_3357 copy.jpg
IMG_3807CRACKER SWAMP KAC SR-25 11TH SESSION 200 METERS 07.30.22 copy.jpg
IMG_4042IDPA Standard Target with Orange Outline for Long Range Shooting 08.19.22.jpg
IMG_2298IDPA Standard Target with Orange Outline for Long Range Shooting 03.05.22 copy.jpg
IMG_2296IDPA Standard Target with Orange Outline for Long Range Shooting 03.05.22 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing yet, anymore ideas? I did find a company that would create them. I would have an entire library of reticle overlays to add to my travel gear.
There is a photograph of the box of that reticle that features the reticle itself, which could be sent to someone to have it printed.

Reactions: Jacoby_f