• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Retired Army, Grays Creek NC

hdrolling

Freedom Defender
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2017
Grays Creek NC
New to the forum although I've used it many times while researching online. Decided to join today as I'm just getting into longer distances shooting.

I'm retired Army, served for 22yrs as an 11C. Served at FT Bragg three times once in 2nd BDE and twice with 3rd.I was also stationed in Italy, Ft Hood, FT Benning,FT Polk.

I have three 5.56 Ar's, a S&W sport II/16" BCM/18" Daniels Defense M4V11 PRO

Also have a 300 Blackout pistol that I built with a 9" BCM upper and a KAC lower

Yesterday I just finished my 20" 6.5 Grendel build which is why I decided to join and start reading more. Looking forward to learning a little more, all of my shooting is recreational from the bench as I'm 100% VA disabled.

tdhhh by hd_rolling, on Flickr
IMG_9010 by hd_rolling, on Flickr

welcome, im in Greenville, nc. My Grendel is one of my favorite guns to shoot. There is a lot to learn here. Do yourself a favor and sign up for the monthly SH training from Frank.

welcome, im in Greenville, nc. My Grendel is one of my favorite guns to shoot. There is a lot to learn here. Do yourself a favor and sign up for the monthly SH training from Frank.

Thanks I might do that after I get more familiar with the new scope and then get my rifle broke in and zeroed.

Welcome aboard. Some great looking rigs there! Looks like it might be time to consider a bolt gun...;).

Welcome aboard. Some great looking rigs there! Looks like it might be time to consider a bolt gun...;).

It's possible, my local range goes out to 200 yds and cost $20 for all day shooting. The only longer distance range is $20 and hr, so I built this with the intention of zeroing at my range and then heading over to the expensive range and seeing what I can hit.

If I get hooked on the 600 yd + shooting I could see myself buying one. So far I'll I've learned is that long range shooting is expensive!

Wow, $20 an hour??!! That's highway robbery IMO. Hopefully someone will start a petition or movement to allow vets to shoot for free or at least at a highly discounted rate. Good grief.......

Wow, $20 an hour??!! That's highway robbery IMO. Hopefully someone will start a petition or movement to allow vets to shoot for free or at least at a highly discounted rate. Good grief.......

They call it a " Tier 1 Training facility " Founded by former members of Delta Force (1st Special Forces Operational Detachment - Delta).

So I guess with that back ground they can charge what they want and people will pay it.

I've never been yet but hear it's very nice, and its all we have around with more than 200 yd targets.

Welcome. I am moving about 30 minutes north of you in the next month or so. You can take a look at Woody's Hunt club up in New Hill also.

Welcome. I am moving about 30 minutes north of you in the next month or so. You can take a look at Woody's Hunt club up in New Hill also.

New hill looks to be an 1 1/2 hrs from my address, with gas prices like they are I'm not sure it would be worth the trip? The TRC range is 15-20 minutes from me, good to see more options though.

More NC love here. Im around Smithfield area and i do all my lr shooting at frontline defense in warrenton. I can shot out to about 250 behind my house year round and when the crops are out of the field i can get 500. Plenty of places to shoot, you just have to search for them because some of them dont advertise much.

I will be up in Lillington. It's about 25 minutes from me. Be glad you aren't up north. Closest range over 400 yards is an hour and 45 minutes away and gass is much more expensive LOL

More NC love here. Im around Smithfield area and i do all my lr shooting at frontline defense in warrenton. I can shot out to about 250 behind my house year round and when the crops are out of the field i can get 500. Plenty of places to shoot, you just have to search for them because some of them dont advertise much.

I ride my Harley up to sheltons HD every copy months just to get out and ride, that's where I bought my street glide 8 years ago.

I will be up in Lillington. It's about 25 minutes from me. Be glad you aren't up north. Closest range over 400 yards is an hour and 45 minutes away and gass is much more expensive LOL

I haven't been to Lillington in a while, it's a little over an hour from my place, they do have a classic car place there I've been meaning to go check out. Still holding out for the 70 Chevelle the wife said I could get three years ago.

Yeah it's right down on 421 right? Haven't stopped but looked as we drove by. Just sold out 63 1/2 Galaxie 500 earlier this year. Trying to simplify the move and my own retirement which starts Sunday.

I ride too but im on a sportbike. You guys talking about retirement...... lucky

I ride too but im on a sportbike. You guys talking about retirement...... lucky

Retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be. I struggle everyday that my wife is at work with making a decision on what to do with my day. Normally I pick from going to the range shooting or riding my Harley all day. Then there is going to the gym or just sitting home playing Xbox or binge watching netflix, when I can't decide I normally get online and order AR parts. That always seems to ease my struggle!

Lol thats why i cant sit around.. when i get bored i order reloading stuff or gun stuff. And that always ends up being expensive.

I just joined frontline yesterday. 1.5 he drive for me but I got plenty of places to shoot local.

When were you there? I was shooting on the 1,000 yard range yesterday from about 10:30-1:30.

you all don't make this retired stuff sound so great... my last workday was Friday after 34 yrs with NCDOT... so I'm starting to give it a try...

you all don't make this retired stuff sound so great... my last workday was Friday after 34 yrs with NCDOT... so I'm starting to give it a try...

It's pretty nice, it is hard not to spend too much time on the couch. I was 235 lbs when I retired in 2013 and about two months ago I was 267 lbs. I saw that and joined a gym, back down to 255 lbs now. I'm shooting for 240lb and then I'll maintain, hopefully!

Congrats on the retirement anyways!