• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Retired Veteran Shot Multiple Times At Gun Range

KillShot

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
What a F*CKED UP world we live in!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WAGONER, Oklahoma - The Wagoner County Sheriff's Department is investigating a shooting of 73-year-old retired veteran at a gun range near Wagoner. It happened around 7:30 Thursday morning.

The victim, Kenneth Payne, was shot multiple times and taken to a Tulsa hospital. Sheriff Bob Colbert said he is expected to survive his injuries.

The Wagoner County Sheriff says it appears Payne was leaving Toppers Gun range and walking back to his truck when someone shot him multiple times in the head.

Payne was seriously wounded but managed to grab his cell phone and call his family for help. His family called 911 and alerted authorities.

Authorities say four guns were taken as well as a portable tool chest. Colbert said no money was taken during the robbery.

"We got a 73-year-old veteran that was shot, left for dead. He'd served his country and basically, somebody tried to snuff this guy out. It's terrible," Sheriff Colbert said.

Sheriff Colbert says Payne is an avid gun enthusiast and practices at the range every day. Payne retired from the Air Force and lived only a few miles away.

The Sheriff is asking the public for any information regarding vehicles or anything that might have been seen during the timeline. OSBI is also investigating the incident.</div></div>

Source - <span style="font-weight: bold">News On 6</span>

Re: Retired Veteran Shot Multiple Times At Gun Range

I hope they find the bastard and hang his ass.

I pray that he regains full function and ability, quickly.

That, and full memory retention of what/who he saw at the range, to help out in the search for this prick who really doesn't deserve to exist.

Power to any and all who help catch this vermin. And Mr. Payne, Godspeed.

That gentlemen is why I always try to go shooting with a buddy and carry my shit out with me.

Such fuckin assholes.

I'm always prepared too but there are moments where I simply am not using the eyes on the back of my head.

Son of a bitch who did this needs to be found and eradicated.

I pray that Mr. Payne recovers.

We had a ring around here that was following people home from ranges and targeting their homes for later burglaries. Check six and check it often.

I would laugh my ass off if someone got these bastards to follow them home on purpose and left them a package they didn't want
wink.gif

Good luck Mr. Payne, I hope you have a full and speedy recovery

Sounds to me like a Hit! They used his visit to the gun range to hide the shots so no one would think much of gun fire at a range and that would give them time to casually walk away.
Only thing is they broke the golden rule of center chest taps first and then head shot on the ground. Sure hope the old guy is ok .
Old guy might have some money that someone wants now not later.

Prayers sent for the victim and his family. Sure hope that they get the piece of crap that did this.

I always check the range when I am shooting. Always making a threat assessment. In upstate Ny at the old range, I was shooting when two pick ups pulled up. A bunch of younger looking like a bunch of ne'er do wells jumped out and just started loking around. Me, I stopped shooting the GAP AI, and picked up the AR, loaded and locked, then fired a quick four into an old milk jug on the ground about 50M out. Looked back over at the boys, and they all got into the truck and left. Had any one of them approached me with any type of ill behavior, I would have probably just looked around and said,"You boys gonna do something, or just whistle dixie?"

I hope that someone finds that asshole that shot the old vet. When they catch the sumbitch, don't even call the cops, just take the cur out and shoot him in the head...several times with a .22 until he gets the message right before he goes to Hell

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always check the range when I am shooting. Always making a threat assessment. In upstate Ny at the old range, I was shooting when two pick ups pulled up. A bunch of younger looking like a bunch of ne'er do wells jumped out and just started loking around. Me, I stopped shooting the GAP AI, and picked up the AR, loaded and locked, then fired a quick four into an old milk jug on the ground about 50M out. Looked back over at the boys, and they all got into the truck and left. Had any one of them approached me with any type of ill behavior, I would have probably just looked around and said,"You boys gonna do something, or just whistle dixie?"

<span style="font-weight: bold">I hope that someone finds that asshole that shot the old vet. When they catch the sumbitch, don't even call the cops, just take the cur out and shoot him in the head...several times with a .22 until he gets the message right before he goes to Hell</span></div></div>

I concur!

Y'all are nicer than he deserves. I'm thinking gutshot, repeatedly with said .22 would be a more fitting demise.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pimpgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Y'all are nicer than he deserves. I'm thinking gutshot, repeatedly with said .22 would be a more fitting demise.</div></div> I'm being somewhat contradictory,,,, but,,,,

Amen.

The world is turning to shit people like that piss me off .

I hope the old guy makes a quick recovery .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Country</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds to me like a Hit! They used his visit to the gun range to hide the shots so no one would think much of gun fire at a range and that would give them time to casually walk away.
Only thing is they broke the golden rule of center chest taps first and then head shot on the ground. Sure hope the old guy is ok .
Old guy might have some money that someone wants now not later. </div></div>

It looks like a robbery. Someone wanted his guns. If they just wanted him dead, they would have shot him and not stolen anything.

Obviously they had a pretty weak weapon and needed some serious guns. Sounds like a drug addict or drug dealer. Sounds a little alien for OK, but I don't know what the area is like.

It's too bad the guy didn't have the balls to just steal the guns at gun point rather than shoot the old man multiple times. It's harder to recover at old Age- they probably seriously shortened his life.

that is a very sad story and it is interesting as I do see a lot of older gentlemen at the range sometimes by themselves and I always wonder about their safety. I have started to always carry my Glock at the range and normally take an AR with me when I am shooting my Bolt rifles but may be I should take a page out of Switchblades book and always take an AR with me too...also love the Clint Eastwood narrative.

Here's more info on what was stolen.

The suspects took a Cabela's "gun buggy" holding several weapons. Those include:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Mitchell Black Lightning .22 caliber magnum rifle serial # MBL02072

Smith & Wesson 9mm pistol Model SW-9UE serial # RBD7189

Smith & Wesson 9mm pistol Model 5940 serial # TC58060

Ruger mini-30 7.62 caliber serial # 581-58511

Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call the Wagoner County Sheriff's Department at 918-485-3124 or the OSBI at 800-522-8017.</div></div></span>

Makes you wonder these days. Hope the old cat comes back good to go. Seems like a pretty tough bird..

Makes you think cause several times I have gone to the range with over 20k worth of rifles in my truck. Think about it... You have a GAP or similar with a nightforce or similar on it and your putting some cash out there. It seems incidents like this are getting more and more common though.

I JUST READ THIS AND IM SO FRIKIN BEYOND PISSED OFF! CATCH THE PUNKS AND GIVE THEM TO ME AND A TEAM MEMBER AND WE WILL TEACH THE FOUR PRICKS A LONG AND PAINFUL LESSON! NOT TALKING TRASH, IM AS SERIOUS AS CAN BE!

THEY NEED TO CATCH THESE PUNKS AND MAKE THEIR EXECUTION PUBLIC AND EVEN BROADCAST ON REGULAR TV FOR ALL TRASH TO SEE! MOST OF THESE TRASHY SOBS AFTER SEEING SOME ONES SKULL COME APART WOULD THINK TWICE ABOUT USING A GUN IN A ROBBERY AFTER THAT!

MY GRANDGFATHER IS 91 YR OLD 2 WAR VET AND I CANT IMAGINE SOMEONE DOING THAT TO HIM!

GLAD HE WILL SURVIVE BUT DAMN THIS KIND OF THING IS RETARDED AND WE NEED TO COME DOWN HARD HARD HARD ON THESE PRICKS!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GPRIPPERS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I JUST READ THIS AND IM SO FRIKIN BEYOND PISSED OFF! CATCH THE PUNKS AND GIVE THEM TO ME AND A TEAM MEMBER AND WE WILL TEACH THE FOUR PRICKS A LONG AND PAINFUL LESSON! NOT TALKING TRASH, IM AS SERIOUS AS CAN BE!

THEY NEED TO CATCH THESE PUNKS AND MAKE THEIR EXECUTION PUBLIC AND EVEN BROADCAST ON REGULAR TV FOR ALL TRASH TO SEE! MOST OF THESE TRASHY SOBS AFTER SEEING SOME ONES SKULL COME APART WOULD THINK TWICE ABOUT USING A GUN IN A ROBBERY AFTER THAT!

MY GRANDGFATHER IS 91 YR OLD 2 WAR VET AND I CANT IMAGINE SOMEONE DOING THAT TO HIM!

GLAD HE WILL SURVIVE BUT DAMN THIS KIND OF THING IS RETARDED AND WE NEED TO COME DOWN HARD HARD HARD ON THESE PRICKS!!</div></div>

I think it's time for a new keyboard because your CAPSLOCK is stuck.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GPRIPPERS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I JUST READ THIS AND IM SO FRIKIN BEYOND PISSED OFF! CATCH THE PUNKS AND GIVE THEM TO ME AND A TEAM MEMBER AND WE WILL TEACH THE FOUR PRICKS A LONG AND PAINFUL LESSON! NOT TALKING TRASH, IM AS SERIOUS AS CAN BE!

GLAD HE WILL SURVIVE BUT DAMN THIS KIND OF THING IS RETARDED AND WE NEED TO COME DOWN HARD HARD HARD ON THESE PRICKS!! </div></div>

THIS!!!!!

i would like to be one of the people that helps eradicate those assholes.. something bout a wood chipper feet first comes to mind.

Cowardly in the extreme.

But I have to say, that is one tough vet!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That gentlemen is why I always try to go shooting with a buddy and carry my shit out with me.

Such fuckin assholes. </div></div>

Regardless of range rules I am always CWP carrying with live rounds whenever I go to the range.
I have seen some weird things at the range - people wiht Parkisons firing a machine gun wildly to people getting in fist fights.

Most times it's just my Rrger LCP but I still carry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GPRIPPERS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I JUST READ THIS AND IM SO FRIKIN BEYOND PISSED OFF! CATCH THE PUNKS AND GIVE THEM TO ME AND A TEAM MEMBER AND WE WILL TEACH THE FOUR PRICKS A LONG AND PAINFUL LESSON! NOT TALKING TRASH, IM AS SERIOUS AS CAN BE!

GLAD HE WILL SURVIVE BUT DAMN THIS KIND OF THING IS RETARDED AND WE NEED TO COME DOWN HARD HARD HARD ON THESE PRICKS!!</div></div>

I think it's time for a new keyboard because your CAPSLOCK is stuck.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Wasnt stuck, I was very pissed off after reading about that cowardly crap!

talk about tough as nails, 73 years old shot multiple times in the head and lives

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pimpgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Y'all are nicer than he deserves. I'm thinking gutshot, repeatedly with said .22 would be a more fitting demise. </div></div>

Pssshhhhh ... you're too lenient. A special place in hell is reserved for people like this. I think we should send them there via noose, at the LEAST. Death by dragging seems appropriate.

Any ill mannered action against any veteran, I absolutely despise and immediately lose all respect for the perpetrator. I make an effort to shake every soldier's hand, past or present, and be sure to let them know how appreciative I am of the service they did for us, and our country. The face that anyone could even think of something like this is totally unnerving, and makes me want to go looking.

I went to a fire training in OK a couple of years ago. We were eating at a local restaraunt and there were to OK Highway Patrol there seated at the table next to us. We ended up talking for quite a while and swapping some stories. The story I remember the most was one the one where the officer made the comment that the OKHP often times doesn't have "bad guys" make it to court. I hope for two things in this incident:
A full and speedy recovery for the victim
A no need to go to court ending for the responsible party or parties...aka dirtbags.

Any report on the status of the man's condition?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pimpgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Y'all are nicer than he deserves. I'm thinking gutshot, repeatedly with said .22 would be a more fitting demise.</div></div>

There are far worse things that could be done to him than being shot with a .22.

But yeah, he deserves slow torture till death, just my opinion regardless how fucked up it is. If you've seen law abiding citizen i'd say along those lines. Sick? Sure. Unreasonable? Absolutely not.

Had a friend who owned a very nice gunshop in my town. One day stranger comes in and shoots his son in the head, robs the place, and walks off.

Fuck a criminals rights when it comes to something like this.

Keep a pistol in your pocket, at all times, anywhere you legally can do so.

That's all you can really do.

no mercy for the culprits
too bad they dont have video at the range to help track them down
but, im sure the genetic dropouts will try to sell the guns at some point and get busted