• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Retirement gift Staccato XC

Domingo

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2020
Retired a year ago from the big green machine, been squirreling some $$ aside for a bit to do something with but I wasn't sure what. Was a 1911 guy for a long time then moved to Glocks for the past decade or so, got into doing my own triggers, stippling, simple mods etc, really loved a good upgraded G19.... Then I shot a Staccato P Duo. All I could say was WOW. Went to a local Staccato dealer and they did offer Staccato's (STI has rebranded) military buying program so I kicked out the cash for a XC, threw a new RMR on top and began shooting literally what I consider the best shooting pistol I have ever fired.

Pros: Flattest shooting pistol outside of a .22 that I've fired. Rapid fire and Bill Drill have no problem keeping the RMR dot on target. HST 124+P is easily controllable and is my new carry ammo. Zero malfunctions in 300 rnds (I don't reload... yet... so different factory loads varying in tip and weight). Fit and finish are of course par for the price so excellent but also expected. Came with 3x20 rnd mags as well as the entire plate kit for both RMR and Deltapoint Pro optics. Comp is part of the barrel and machined as a single piece so never a fear of walking off. 2.5lb trigger is exactly as they advertise.

Cons: $$$, damn thing is expensive. My wife is also a shooter so I couldn't fool her that it was a gun I'd had, she caught on fast and I was in trouble until she shot it (now we also have a P Duo with RMR for her and the G19s just became suppressor hosts and truck guns. It's heavy, like had to get used to carrying it heavy. Gun plus RMR plus Surefire 300 plus 20rnds equals much stiffer EDC belt. Last con, virtually impossible to get holsters yet (P Duo is much easier). Contacted Blackpoint for one holster, waiting for that to get here, Got one from a small outfit in Colorado that has been good so far, my Red Hill competition holster just shipped so hoping for good results with them.

Overall, wouldn't look back, love the gun and looking forward to really seeing what I can do with it. If anyone is thinking about one, feel free to PM with questions.

CJ

RHT holsters are excellent, you’ll find them very sturdy.

But yeah, that whole write up with no pics?!?

Sorry, hadn't actually taken any yet, here goes ha ha.
3CCAA72B-7E04-4BE5-9C25-EDE8F279BD1E_1_201_a.jpeg
450F4375-77CA-43A9-BC40-F441F3D8E42D_1_201_a.jpeg
9C6F1DE3-D3D3-4AD0-9304-ECAF1F263046_1_201_a.jpeg

Nice retirement gift for yourself, sounds like you earned it. Good pictures!

Try one with a short trigger, totally changed the handling for me.

Try one with a short trigger, totally changed the handling for me.

I actually ordered the short trigger kits from Dawson, haven't installed them yet but looking forward to it. Not huge hands so I think it will help with pushing that light trigger straight back, especially on the P Duo which is twice the trigger weight

I actually ordered the short trigger kits from Dawson, haven't installed them yet but looking forward to it. Not huge hands so I think it will help with pushing that light trigger straight back, especially on the P Duo which is twice the trigger weight
STI short trigger? Don't forget to make your pre-travel adjustment with the small tab at the front of the trigger bow.

Hammer Armament makes great holsters for STI’s as well. Got one for my Staccato P, and will be ordering one of their Level 2 retention holsters cut for an X300.
D641C7CD-52F0-49D8-B057-C6467F92DFF3.png
05F6A0CE-7CE8-49B5-B7C5-E281B25C936C.png
B7BA5F9B-EED6-4A66-B126-B76F7B2BC222.png

Congrats on your retirement gift to yourself. I did the same thing. Although I’ve been retired for a while now. Bought a Staccato P duo with Leupold red dot and was friggin in love. What a great shooting gun. Now I’ve decided to buy an XC. I’m keeping both guns as well. Staccato’s are to nice to sell. I’m looking for a OWB in leather. Why are you guys buying the RMR instead of the Leupold product. I’m not dissen anyone I’m truely wanting to know the facts on these things. Attached are a few groups I shot with my P duo. Gun shoots lights out.

Attachments

• F4A56241-2E56-42C8-A4FB-F946D2E2A73B.jpeg
    F4A56241-2E56-42C8-A4FB-F946D2E2A73B.jpeg
    531.5 KB · Views: 121
Congrats on your retirement gift to yourself. I did the same thing. Although I’ve been retired for a while now. Bought a Staccato P duo with Leupold red dot and was friggin in love. What a great shooting gun. Now I’ve decided to buy an XC. I’m keeping both guns as well. Staccato’s are to nice to sell. I’m looking for a OWB in leather. Why are you guys buying the RMR instead of the Leupold product. I’m not dissen anyone I’m truely wanting to know the facts on these things. Attached are a few groups I shot with my P duo. Gun shoots lights out.
DPP > RMR all day long. Can service the battery from the top, less blue tint and a bigger window.

They are really pricey, WC give similar quality and less $$, Congrats btw.