• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos retro tac 870 i put together

fastbs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
Cookeville, TN
this started as a remington 870 express.
Wanted a functional retro multi use shot gun so this is what i came up with. i had something uglier visioned in my head but this will work.
18.5" rem choke barrel
wilson jumbo safety
tacstar mag extension
nordic clamp
nordic follower
gg&g sling mounts
metal trigger housing (polished up everything while i was swapping over the internals).
stripped the wood and put some gouges in it, cut the LOP down to 13", ground the oe butt pad down to fit, 2 coats of dark walnut stain, then 5 coats of spar urathane.

have an actual police ribbed wood forend but i kinda like the oe express one.

Re: retro tac 870 i put together

Don't ever let anyone talk you out of wood furniture on an 870.

Its the way God meant them to be.

Nice setup.

Very slick looking 870! How did you finish the metal? Duracoat, Cerakote, etc etc???

Very Nice setup. I have always been a big 870 fan. A little bottle of break free in your pouch and you are gtg. A nylon od or coyote sling maybe in its future?

You can spend a hell of alot more $$ and not have more gun at the end of the day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Darkstar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can spend a hell of alot more $$ and not have more gun at the end of the day. </div></div>

Yes you can.

Nice looking hardware.

Just bought my first two 870s this year, always been a Mossberg man.

While I like the features of the Mossberg, you can tell the Remy is well made and all business. Can't wait to shoot mine vs my 590

Scott

Is the metal OD green Krylon? It looks just like my 700 I did, the pics make it look like puke green, but in person it looks fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger happy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the metal OD green Krylon? It looks just like my 700 I did, the pics make it look like puke green, but in person it looks fine. </div></div>
This guy scores on calling the exact rattle can finish.
Freinds and i have racked the slide a lot and to my surprise it hasn't worn to metal yet.
Before the krylon it was scuffed with a scotch brite pad and got a couple thin coats of high temp primer.

I've been mulling over the idea of getting a 870 lately and my wallet really didn't need me to see this pic. Very, very nice shotgun. I like the traditional look and would do mine exactly the same(other than the green probably). IMO that is how the 870 should be setup. It puzzles me why some folks add so much shit on their shotties.

Why did you add the gouges? Just to make it look tougher? The only things I would add would be a small flashlight and possibly a side saddle for slugs, bags, etc.. Probably wouldn't add the saddle though.

I would have made the gouges in the wood look like notch marks - ie keeping score. Kind of like it just came back from a couple of hard tours in Vietnam.

Sweet Jesus that looks sweet!

Sorry, i love pump action shotties. We cant own them in australia, only u/o or s/s or single shots.

Jealousy!

Looks great - Have one here my oldest boy "KICKS _SS" at the local steel matches with it.

The moss has nothing on the 870 - cept more rattles
smile.gif

Slick looking gat! Always loved the R870's, like this look a lot more than the straight black!
Like Vman, im stuck with only being able to have a s/s, jealous as mate!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe-n-TX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can trim the forend. </div></div>
Ahh heck I cut down the stock and it never entered my mind that I could trim up the forend like that. Hmmm back to the saw.