• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Return from S. Africa

Smokin99

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2008
Incirlik, Turkey
Heres a few pics of some animals I shot while over in Africa. All were shot with my custom 260Rem with 130gr Accubonds, all were one shot kills out to 611yards. Awesome trip, wife came with and she shot a Kudu at 358yards with the 260 as well. Shot allot of Baboons and have a few videos too that Ill try to post also.

Pig was 12.25" tusks
Wilderbeast was 28 7/8"
Zebra was a big Male
Gemsbok was 37.25" Male

More pics to come, on other camera. 260Rem was plenty with good shot placement

Enjoy

Re: Return from S. Africa

Awesome pics! I really like that warthog. What a beast! The zebra is beautiful also. Thanks for sharing.

Better than any US game thats for sure, and Ive killed most of them. Moose, Dall Sheep, Elk, Deer, Caribou, Mt Goat, Antelope,,,,none of which compares to African game.
Eland is the best Ive ever had and Ive had. Cape Buffalo was great so was Gemsboks, Impala, and Wilderbeast but all IMO

tagged for Baboon videos, lol!

The tusks on that pig are insane, very nice!

Really cool. How do you get your personal firearms to S.Africa? Do you have to ship them on their own?

You can take the rifles right on the plane, get a form from US customs, then I paid a person $100 to do all the forms and meet me at the airport to clear African cop station....no problems at all!

I REALLY kick myself in the ASS.....comes to find out I could of brought my SUPPRESSORS with me.......F#CK next time for sure!

Most of these pics were taken by the wife wait till the good ones come in from the PH. Videos will be here sometime this week, Knee slapping funny busting Baboons at range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smokin99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better than any US game thats for sure, and Ive killed most of them. Moose, Dall Sheep, Elk, Deer, Caribou, Mt Goat, Antelope,,,,none of which compares to African game.
Eland is the best Ive ever had and Ive had. Cape Buffalo was great so was Gemsboks, Impala, and Wilderbeast but all IMO </div></div>

Gotta agree on the Eland comment, we had fresh tenderloin after hanging it for 3 days. Absolutely amazing stuff.

+1 on eland being the best wild game I've tasted. Just got back from safari myself and we had some amazing eland kebobs, lasagna, filets, etc... It was all amazing and no one could get enough

What gave me a good laugh is the monkey! It has a serious case of Blue Balls
laugh.gif

Aron-

What was range of the wilderbeast taken at?
and shot placement? High shoulder like the Gem? DRT? Not an animal I would want wounded
smile.gif

Nice shooting, and that beast looks like...well a beast!

Some day I hope.
Regards,
DT

Looks like a good hunt. What part of SA were you in?

Can you tell us the name of the company that walked you through customs? I've looked at one of them but not sure about it. What is the process for taking your suppressor?

smokin99,

I gotta say alongside all the good shots of game, I like the stock on your rifle, who makes that?

Edit:

I got to thinking you might have liked the African game better than Montana because it's all grass fed up where you're at. Where I grew up in Nevada and the deer eat sage....let's just say the bigger bucks are 'pungent'.
wink.gif
p.s. I lived in Lewistown, Helena, and Boulder. So I'm pretty familiar with your area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_TROS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was range of the wilderbeast taken at?
and shot placement? High shoulder like the Gem? DRT? Not an animal I would want wounded
smile.gif

Nice shooting, and that beast looks like...well a beast!

Some day I hope.
Regards,
DT

</div></div>

Beast taped 27 5/8" and they said it was a monster and was the biggest that the PH has seen in 7yrs. I shot him at 227yards with a hard facing away shot, PH asked if I could make the shot and I said no problem, tucked the bullet right behind the last rib bullet logging in the oppisite front shoulder. One shot kill and he went about 30yards after being hit with the 130gr Accubond. They call this animal the Poor Mans Buffalo, and will be shoulder mounted on my wall!

The hunt was was north in SAfrica close to the border! The outfitter had a person that we used and have the email address [email protected] here name is Adele

The Stock is a Manners T5A with CDI bottom metal and pillar bedded, built on an FN action with a Krieger sendro contour 1:8 twist! IOR 4-14x56 with HR5 reticle made it happen. I never brought my suppressor with me but you can and I sure wish I would of but I didnt know I could, shooting suppressed is More Better! LOL

Still waiting on the videos I havent forgot, the outfitter hasnt made it back to send them to me but he will.