• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Returning Bushnell 10x to mechanical zero

kennypowers

Private
Minuteman
I have a Bushnell Elite 10x sitting on an EGW 20moa canted base with Burris low XTR rings. I have bottomed out and adjusted all the way up to find that I have 322 clicks or 80.5moa of internal adjustment. So my scopes mechanical zero is 40.25moa. Zeroed scope at 20.25moa. Reset the turrets to zero (meaning that I’m still at my 20.25moa zeroing point but the turret read 0. I took the turret off and set zero mark back to zero)

So to return my scope to it's mechanical zero I would bottom it out and dial in 40.25moa then reset the turret to zero? Is there an easier way? Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Branson

Re: Returning Bushnell 10x to mechanical zero

That sounds right. But why? just curious. I prefer as much up as possible once mounted.

You're going to have to remove the turrets to return to mechanical zero. Why do you need to do this? Am I missing something?

I was just curious as to what "reset to zero" ment (did it actually reset it to the factory zero or did it just make your turret markings go to zero) and wanted to know how to reset the scope to its mechanical zero if for some reason I needed to.

Yeah I hadnt thought about it like that. At the zero I now only have 40.25moa up whereas if i left it at 20.25moa id have 60.25moa up. Guess ill be switching it back to how I had it originally.

You want to sight the rifle in at 100 yards. Then remove your turrets and put them at zero. Remember what hash mark your at. That is your zero. You don't have a zero stop.