• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Returning Member from Florida

Roman Dmowski

Private
Minuteman
I was on the old 'hide before it moved to Scout under name Publius.

I had and sold an IBA Tactical Precision Rifle when I lived in Texas and recently undertook the process of getting back in the precision game. I also took Scott Reitz precision rifle course in LA around 2005. I've taken numerous Rifle and Pistol and Shotgun courses by Bill Davison of TacPro, Jeff Gonzalez of Trident, Jim Crews, Steve Moses, and John Farnham.

It's been a while, but finances and interest have finally permitted me to return to precision rifle, and I'm in process of building a "Poor Man's M40a1 (sorta) Rifle. Basically it's a 700 M24 with 5R rifling, cerakoted by X-Werks, put in McMillan M40a1 stock. May eventually replace bottom metal (suggestions welcome), rings, and scope, but for now an SWFA MOA/MOA 10x42 with DNZ one piece base and rings are going on. Using a Turner brown bioethane AWS sling. Going to see how stock trigger works out before I either adjust it or put on a Timney 510.

Otherwise, looking forward to getting questions answered, sharing what I know, and learning more with this group.