• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Returning to US, post service reccomendations?

Zagros_Partizan

Private
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2023
USA
Howdy!

For some context, I have been abroad for a long time now, as a sniper in a local military force. I shot before I left, but I never got into "marksmanship" or especially sniping. Now that I am back stateside, I'm looking at picking up a nice rifle to scratch the itch, so to say, based on the weapons I've been using.

SVD: With decent ammo the SVD was awesome, despite low power optics was nice to shoot in all but the worst winds up to 800m reliably. Incredibly lightweight and semi auto were two factors that made it really amazing to carry. This makes me lean toward something like an AR-10. I'm not concerned with crazy precision, but light weight and semi auto are very appealing to me.

Homemade 12.7mm rifles: While incredibly heavy and not necessarily "precise", the 12.7 made shooting at up to 800 trivial, and up to 1300-1500 fairly simple, which combined with a loud bang is very satisfying. The problem was its weight, and we simply had no other lighter "fancy" rifles available. I wont be buying a .50 due to both cost and impracticality, but I'm interested in a rifle that can reach out farther than 800, which makes me lean towards 6.5 or 300 wm.

Since I'm newly returning and dont want to break the bank, my focus is on affordability, finding a nice balance and getting one nice rifle, and I'm open to hearing yalls experience with rifles in these categories. I'm not an expert by any means on our American rifle market, and all the dozens of different options are a bit dense to sort through.

I'm looking forward to hearing your suggestions, and I'll attach a pic of our gear for a mission as an opener.
20210426_124128.jpg

The scammers are starting to take interesting angles. Not today isis!

That kit doesn't look like it's seen the light of day, let alone mission use. Fat fucks that wear their plateless plate carriers to gunshows have more wear and tear on their gear, at least theres some mustard on them from the food court hotdogs.

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
The scammers are starting to take interesting angles. Not today isis!

That kit doesn't look like it's seen the light of day, let alone mission use. Fat fucks that wear their plateless plate carriers to gunshows have more wear and tear on their gear, at least theres some mustard on them from the food court hotdogs.
Confused as to who you think I'm trying to scam?

We never had fancy devices, scopes, etc. You're looking at a weapon made from a DshK barrel fitted with chinese optics. What do you want our gear to look like? Should have rubbed it in mud first?

I dont know what you expect us to have? My buddy on the left had a kind of chest rig made in a local factory carrying 4 mags, and a Messi drawstring bag with a bit of ammo inside. I can send you my venmo if you want to get us any stuff that makes us real snipers in your opinion haha.

Anyways, that's a bit of a digression from the topic, which is that I'm genuinely looking for suggestions, which it seems someone with as much experience as yourself could give. Apologies.

I dont know what you expect us to have? My buddy on the left had a kind of chest rig made in a local factory carrying 4 mags, and a Messi drawstring bag with a bit of ammo inside. I can send you my venmo if you want to get us any stuff that makes us real snipers in your opinion haha.

Anyways, that's a bit of a digression from the topic, which is that I'm genuinely looking for suggestions, which it seems someone with as much experience as yourself could give. Apologies.
Paid sniper on top secret squirrel missions

Doesn’t shoot.

Gear from Khyber pass

C:/ Run WTF.exe

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased