• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Revic Calibration

pbatesaz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2018
Phoenix, AZ and Cimarron, CO
Having failed to find any reviews that talked about tracking and calibration of the Revic PMR 428, I fabricated a stable off-rifle mounting platform and went to the range today. I set up a commercial calibrated target at 100 yards. As currently set up I have 47 moa of up adjustment available. I had the scope mounted on a level rail on a rifle prior to this testing and left the zero stop as set for that rifle. Here is the moa data collected:

Turret Actual
0 0
10 10.25
20 20.5
30 30.75
40 41
45 46

The windage adjustment right and left was right on and repeatable at each elevation. Elevation adjustments were perfectly repeatable including return to zero. So it looks like my scope’s elevation turret is about 2.5% off... not a terribly huge problem if corrected in one’s ballistic app, but I was concerned about how to correct for it in the Revic built-in solver. The concern was short-lived. I talked with Garrett at Revic about this and he walked me through the procedure to adjust the built-in solver for the discrepancy. So with the correction made in both the scope and on my phone app, all should be well. Now I just need to get that new rifle to put the scope on. A big thanks to the guys at Revic who have been very responsive and helpful when I have had questions.