• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Revic Radikl RS25B

CMP70306

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Looks like the new Revic scope has been announced, I own one of the PMR 428 for several years and it has worked flawlessly. This looks like it will save about 10 oz of weight plus pick up some FOV on the low end.

Unfortunate they didn’t update with a mil and more traditional style reticle from this one. It’s what largely kept me away from really looking at it. I will say some of the plans down the line they have for it, if they ever come to fruition would be pretty cool.

What is going on here ? :oops:(n)

1706063747206.png

Fly on the wall during the R&D meeting...
Young Marketer - "Hey, we got pretty big turrets, what should we do with all that empty space?"
Older Marketer (over 45 years old) - "I'd like to see bigger numbers on there so they're easier to see."
Young Marketer - "Nah, let's not make them bigger, let's pack a whole bunch more in there cause my generation can't count!"
Executive Decision Maker - "I don't even know what a rifle scope is, but let's go with the young guy cause he uses FakeBook..."

Seriously though, this is what you get with MOA and part of why I prefer mrad/mil because it's much simpler. In fairness, Schmidt has really messy turrets for their MT II with .05 mrad clicks...
20200418_March_5-42x56_HM_Schmidt_5-45x56_HP033_2.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 375fan
Appears Revic did not learn from their last iteration, they took way too long to come out with a mil version and lost market interest by the time it was released, I've got to think the dynamic shooting market is most interested in this product and that is dominated my mil shooters not MOA; don't know many hunters who want a 38 ounce scope on their rig. Revic should have introduced both MOA and Mil at the same time, until they come out with mil this has little interest for me. Optics sound like they are improved which is good... @gr8fuldoug will you be carrying these?

So, this scope is essentially the LOW scope they have OEM'd to Zeiss (S3 4-25x50) and to Element (Nexus 4-25x50) but with the Revic turret and HUD features? If the optics hold out I know people with the Zeiss and Element have been pretty happy. As long as Revic doesn't go crazy with price and they come out with mil version sooner rather than later (it took years with the PMR!!!) this could be a worthwhile solution.

Whatever happened to the old Snipers Hide Group Buys that used to get going on some of these new products?

So, this scope is essentially the LOW scope they have OEM'd to Zeiss (S3 4-25x50) and to Element (Nexus 4-25x50) but with the Revic turret and HUD features? If the optics hold out I know people with the Zeiss and Element have been pretty happy. As long as Revic doesn't go crazy with price and they come out with mil version sooner rather than later (it took years with the PMR!!!) this could be a worthwhile solution.

Whatever happened to the old Snipers Hide Group Buys that used to get going on some of these new products?

My Revic PMR428 came from that group buy, saved roughly $500 on that scope. With their current standard 5-25 sitting at $2200 I fully expect the smart scope to be north of $3k.

All those m o gays

Fly on the wall during the R&D meeting...
Young Marketer - "Hey, we got pretty big turrets, what should we do with all that empty space?"
Older Marketer (over 45 years old) - "I'd like to see bigger numbers on there so they're easier to see."
Young Marketer - "Nah, let's not make them bigger, let's pack a whole bunch more in there cause my generation can't count!"
Executive Decision Maker - "I don't even know what a rifle scope is, but let's go with the young guy cause he uses FakeBook..."

Seriously though, this is what you get with MOA and part of why I prefer mrad/mil because it's much simpler. In fairness, Schmidt has really messy turrets for their MT II with .05 mrad clicks...
View attachment 8331474

So upon further digging it appears that this scope uses the same turrets as their other scope. That top ring from 30 to 90 is the space for their BDC turret rings, the ring uses two lines of text with the top for info and the bottom for yardage.
IMG_9680.jpeg
IMG_9681.jpeg

The other scope only has 80 MOA of travel so it only goes up to 50 MOA with the top band blank. This one has 140 so they added a third rev to use up the extra space but still give you the option to get a back up BDC dial incase something doesn’t work or the battery dies.

If this had integrated lrf I could understand all the electronic crap, but since it doesn't, why all the extra nonsense? Still a two tool system, no need for the complexity.

If this had integrated lrf I could understand all the electronic crap, but since it doesn't, why all the extra nonsense? Still a two tool system, no need for the complexity.

If you have the range to the target then you only need the scope as it has all of your ballistics in it. On a known distance range you can switch from target to target without getting off your scope.

While hunting If I’m sitting somewhere I make it a habit to range a bunch of places preemptively to have an idea of the range where an animal could pop out. From there I can simply dial to the correct range without touching my rangefinder when the animal arrives. In a scenario that requires a quick response that could be the difference between getting a shot or not.

Reactions: 308pirate
I think the HUD is pretty slick, but it would be nice if it could connect to Vortex, Sig, Leica LRF's are we sure it cannot?

I have the PMR and it is a two tool system but I can tell you once you range your target you're not going to find a faster solution. I have a Vortex Impact 4000 LRF mounted to my .338 and it's a push the button for range and crank the turret to desired yardage and I'm done. Don't have to check dope cards or count clicks. Don't even have to move your cheek weld if you side mount the LRF so you can see it with your non-dominant eye. I really like my Revic PMR. I can't see myself not getting this when it comes out.

One small feature (but big to me) that I liked about my PMR is I could use rechargeable AAA batteries so I'm never running out of juice for it. The new Revic takes CR2 and I found some usb rechargeable CR2 batteries so that's awesome.

Not sure how I feel about the reticle even though I am a MOA guy. Need to see it in person before I judge.

I have the PMR and it is a two tool system but I can tell you once you range your target you're not going to find a faster solution. I have a Vortex Impact 4000 LRF mounted to my .338 and it's a push the button for range and crank the turret to desired yardage and I'm done. Don't have to check dope cards or count clicks. Don't even have to move your cheek weld if you side mount the LRF so you can see it with your non-dominant eye. I really like my Revic PMR. I can't see myself not getting this when it comes out.

One small feature (but big to me) that I liked about my PMR is I could use rechargeable AAA batteries so I'm never running out of juice for it. The new Revic takes CR2 and I found some usb rechargeable CR2 batteries so that's awesome.

Not sure how I feel about the reticle even though I am a MOA guy. Need to see it in person before I judge.
I saw it in their other scope at a shop that carries a couple of their rifles, it is definitely a hunting centered reticle but it looked like it would work well at low power.

The reticle has +2 and -4 of vertical marks so with a 250 yard zero that would let me shoot out to 400 without dialing in most of my hunting rifles if need be. Anything past that you would dial for anyway.

Also just got the email for the price, just under 4k.

Might be waiting until that one hits Cabela’s so I can use points, discounts and rewards to get the price down a chunk.

Reactions: UNRL Ghandi
I have the PMR and it is a two tool system but I can tell you once you range your target you're not going to find a faster solution. I have a Vortex Impact 4000 LRF mounted to my .338 and it's a push the button for range and crank the turret to desired yardage and I'm done.
This is exactly what I was thinking with the Revic and Impact 4000...
I've had to stock up on CR2's due to most handheld LRF's using them. Too bad Vortex didn't go with CR2's for the Impact 4000 to maintain parity with their handheld units, just another setup of batteries I've got to lug around ;)
It is an interesting concept, certainly better than the mil runway they introduced from the PMR. Curious to see what they come up with for the mil reticle - hopefully it will not be the runway mess.

Reactions: UNRL Ghandi
An Uncluttered RH2 reticle in this application I get. But…. Those “Wind Assist Icons” are just unnecessary and kinda inane for mine.
I know instinctively to hold into wind and I think I get what they are attempting to do, but the squiggly lines and pseudo wind vectors (?) = fail, but that’s just how my pea brain works, ymmv.
Ill just ignore that part and enjoy the HUD.

So they lowered the magnification, came up with a reticle that blocks much of the lower portion of the glass, and are only offering it in MOA?

For my uses, those are all strikes. Between their horrific mil reticle in the PMR, and now this “updated” gen 2, I feel like they’ve lost their way.
That’s too bad.

Last edited: