• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Review: AGC Bino Chest Pack by Jaret Owens

vman

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
Australia
www.google.com
After having spent many hours out in the field carrying lots equipment one begins to wonder what products are available to make that trip out with nature a little more enjoyable.

Thanks to Jaret Owens from Alaska Guide Creations, my life is now that much easier out in the field. I present my review of the AGC Bino Chest Pack.

Not even a week ago, I was in contact with Jaret as I was eager to try out his product. I had heard good things about it online and to be honest the product sold itself to me. After a friendly chat with Jaret his product was on its way, and to my surprise arrived much sooner than I expected.
There’s that old saying, first impressions last... And my first impressions of this product are certainly good.

Close inspection of the product reveals a great product with excellent build quality and to top it off it’s made in the USA. This particular model came in Kings Camo with OD green straps and black fastex buckles. Apart from the main compartment, this chest pack comes with 2 side pockets, one front pocket and a rear pocket all secured via zips. The main compartment fits my Bushnell Fusion binoculars with the perfect amount of space which enables me to take them out as easily as it is to put them back in without getting caught on anything. The main compartment closes via a single fastex buckle, which in my opinion is much better than a zip or Velcro option which can be noisy.

I have tested comfort levels with this bino chest pack and I’m pleased to announce that I have found the perfect product for the field. I was able to use this product with a rifle and biathlon sling, a backpack and also with a compound bow. For day trips I can utilise the chest pack and a biathlon sling for my rifle and I’m totally hands free. For long hauls the bino pack can hold essentials, whilst a backpack stores things that aren’t needed in close proximity.

Any outdoorsman or hunter that utilises binos should seriously consider purchasing this product. It is fantastic. I would even go as far to say that it has more uses than just holding binos... even if you don’t use binos, it’s still a good place to keep things like distress beacons, whistles, folding knives, smokes, ammo, food, small water bottles etc. Instead of taking off a backpack you have access to things right in front of you.

www.alaskaguidecreations.com

I also noticed that hide vendor EuroOptic (Alex) sells this wonderful item.

Drop Jaret an email or a call if you’re interested... He is one of the nicest guys I have dealt with and I’m happy to wear his product on any future hunts that I participate in.

Sorry for the average pics... DSLR or ammo???
laugh.gif

Vin

IMG_0883Small.jpg

IMG_0882Small.jpg

IMG_0885Small.jpg

IMG_0887Small.jpg

Re: Review: AGC Bino Chest Pack by Jaret Owens

I have used the mad dog harness and cover for years, only trouble is Bino seems to slip under cover when your walking or climbing.

My question is,are the binos loose and independent inside of the pouch or are they attached to the shoulder straps that hold up the enclosed pouch??

In other words when you take them out to glass are they loose, and did you find yourself fiddling trying to get them back in the pouch in order to move or take the shot?

Other than that it looks like a nice product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Drop Jaret an email or a call if you’re interested... He is one of the nicest guys I have dealt with and I’m happy to wear his product on any future hunts that I participate in.

</div></div>
vman nice prod review, Jaret is great to deal with, we use his products in my Predator Hunting Suppressed video.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

My question is,are the binos loose and independent inside of the pouch or are they attached to the shoulder straps that hold up the enclosed pouch??</div></div>
they are loose, but i just use my original neck strap so in case i drop em they are still secured.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
In other words when you take them out to glass are they loose, and did you find yourself fiddling trying to get them back in the pouch in order to move or take the shot?

Other than that it looks like a nice product. </div></div>
i've been using mine for a while now, they go in and out slick/ no probs no hold up when you get used to it... great product, and how about that red white and blue patch eh!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have used the mad dog harness and cover for years, only trouble is Bino seems to slip under cover when your walking or climbing.

My question is,are the binos loose and independent inside of the pouch or are they attached to the shoulder straps that hold up the enclosed pouch??

Other than that it looks like a nice product. </div></div>

Dagsta, I think the fit is perfect. What i have done is actually utilised the original neck strap from my binos and still wear this around my neck and just put the binos in the pack. The straps feed around the sides nicely. I have set the tension on chest pack so that the binos are not hanging via the neck strap, yet it is still there in the event that I remove the binos.

I feel they are not too loose and not difficult at all to remove from the chest pack. The fit is perfect imo for my 10x40 Bushnell Fusion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
i've been using mine for a while now, they go in and out slick/ no probs no hold up when you get used to it... great product, and you how about that red white and blue patch eh!!! </div></div>

Hell yeh brother. I would support my American brothers any day... you guys have a beautiful country and wonderful people
smile.gif