• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Review First Build List...Yeah I know SMH.

ATwoSomePlace

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2020
I am currently deployed and I have put together a base list of items that I plan on purchasing for my first bolt gun. I add that I am deployed because lead times are not a big deal and I can get some discounts. If you have experience in any of the parts, I am open to different parts and your opinions. I came up with this list after about a week of research, I will be returning to Ft. Bragg if that helps at all.

6.5 Creed
Action: Terminus-Zeus
Barrel: Bartlein
Trigger: Trigger Tech Diamond
Chassis: KRG-Whiskey 3 or MPA Matrix
Muzzle Break: Not sure yet being that I might run a can on it, so I might pick a break that I can use with a can.
Glass: I have a Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56 laying around.
Mount: Might use Vortex because of the deep discount

Am I missing anything?

Call me crazy. Lately I’ve been recommending an AI-AT as the ideal beginner rifle.

Not too heavy and not too light: you still need to control recoil properly to spot shots

Trigger not too light but breaks well: reinforces trigger control while being perfectly functional for matches

100% reliable: unless your aw mag lips are messed up it will feed perfectly in any condition. No tweaking necessary. This allows you to focus 100% on shooting an not on fiddling with things getting them to work.

Use the AT for a year or two while trying out as many actions/chassis/triggers as possible so you can make a more informed decision when you build a custom rifle.

And you spend a year with a rifle that forces you to learn proper fundamentals instead of a 22lb rifle with a light single stage that lets you get away with just about anything.

Ditch the brake/suppressor QD idea and use a direct thread.

You will still need magazines & bipod are a minimum.
Yeah the mags and bipod are implied to me. Why do you feel that way about the QD? I honestly like the way that sounds actually, it’s cheaper lol.

OP you have enough to get started shooting. I do agree that a little better quality scope would be a primary consideration if you are wanting to shoot as far as the gun will take you but it’s not necessary. I’ve shot plenty of rifles with a 10x top end magnification at the 1000 yard targets. However, if you plan on shooting a lot at that distance and farther than that I would bump up to a 14-16 top magnification as your minimum for sure.

OP you have enough to get started shooting. I do agree that a little better quality scope would be a primary consideration if you are wanting to shoot as far as the gun will take you but it’s not necessary. I’ve shot plenty of rifles with a 10x top end magnification at the 1000 yard targets. However, if you plan on shooting a lot at that distance and farther than that I would bump up to a 14-16 top magnification as your minimum for sure.
Yeah I’m waiting till Vortex tack on another 10% to their discount to make it 50. Then again Leupold, NF and many others have MIL discount. I will look up what the pros use.