• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Review: New Weight System for KRG Chassis by Raven Rock

dghboy315

Mid Atlantic Rimfire Series
Minuteman
I just finished a review of a new weight system for the KRG chassis.

I've tried to contact raven rock machine two or three times via Facebook and email and cannot get a response. I'd really like a weight system for my bravo chassis. Anybody know how to get in contact with them?

You can put your e-mail down to be notified by KRG once they are back in stock. According to Justin a.k.a. Massoud they did not expect the popularity of the weight kit, both forend and LOP but they are working to get them back in stock as soon as possible. There is also the heavy barricade stop, if you are primarily looking to add weight to the forend.

Yes I'm on the email notification. It seems like they're taking forever. Raven Rock has a kit for krg Bravo, but they're impossible to get in touch with

Reactions: SonicBurlap
I got a heavy bag rider from KRG for my W3, it seemed to only need some weight in the rear for balance. It was just exactly what was needed, totally changed the ergos and feel of the setup.

No but on the bravo you can just pack the butts empty spaces with whatever weighted thing you find suitable, nothing fancy needs to be made for that aspect.

Reactions: jb41291
Lead decoy weights and double sided tape work great in the backbone under the forend. Get the flat ones and trim them to fit. Real easy to add a pound or more.

Any response yet? I would like to get the heavy buttstock spacers and the fore end weight. Still haven't got a notice from KRG concerning these items also.

Last edited:
Justin posted to expect new items for the KRG Bravo on the KRG Bravo add-ons thread, so I'm hoping they might have some to drop into the market at the same time they'll release some of those new items but we won't know for sure until we'll get notified.

Just received a package from KRG with my ordered weights. Coated steel beats lead, or brass, or tire weights. KRG's customer service is top notch and shipping was super fast.

Attachments

• 20191013_152151.jpg
    20191013_152151.jpg
    603.2 KB · Views: 126
How much weight do the buttstock pieces add? I'm a little light in the tail end on my Bravo and was considering them.

Thanks,

TM6

Each LOP steel pad is .66 lb., the forend T-slot weight is .75 lb.

Just sent two emails to this address. They did not go through.
Weights on KRG web site are in stock and shipping, no e-mails and phone calls required. I know, I just got mine. All the mounting screws were included too.

The KRG are steel (.75lbs). Raven Rock weight is brass, which is a little heavier (1 lb).
If I would have been able to reach them when the KRG weights were out of stock I might have been interested but the forend piece in brass with 1/4 lb. more weight is not all that much compared to the drawbacks of brass over nitrided steel, if after adding three LOP spacers and the forend weight I feel I still need 1/4 lb. I'm sure I can add that much weight just in the grip alone.

If I would have been able to reach them when the KRG weights were out of stock I might have been interested but the forend piece in brass with 1/4 lb. more weight is not all that much compared to the drawbacks of brass over nitrided steel, if after adding three LOP spacers and the forend weight I feel I still need 1/4 lb. I'm sure I can add that much weight just in the grip alone.

I get it. Makes sense. I'm just trying to help out a small businessman. I don't profit either way. I just like having options in the marketplace.

Options and competition are good, it's what makes our country great. Having a resource to fall back on when there is an availability problem is always a good thing and all big businesses started out small.

Would love to see pics of the rear weights for the Bravo chassis.

Hey guys, I got setup in the new facility. Had to catch up on work but I'm in the process of making more of the front weight kits over the weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: dghboy315
Considering getting this heavier brass forend weight from Raven Rock over the lighter one from KRG.
Is the brass on nitrided steel backbone potentially corrosive? Or what problem might arise. I know AREA 419 uses brass weights in their weight tunable ARCALOCK Rail (nitrided aluminum, not steel).

Considering getting this heavier brass forend weight from Raven Rock over the lighter one from KRG.
Is the brass on nitrided steel backbone potentially corrosive? Or what problem might arise. I know AREA 419 uses brass weights in their weight tunable ARCALOCK Rail (nitrided aluminum, not steel).

We haven't seen anything like that happen. We had these in circulation 8-11 months before we started to offer them to the public. The original beta test still has prototype 1, 2, 3 on his rifles still. You can add Mylar tap in between them if it really concerns you but we haven't see any corrosion.

What’s the price of the Raven Rock forend brass weight? I don’t have Facebook and refuse to sign up.
$85 shipped in the US. Includes all the hardware. Email me at [email protected] please

I sent an email asking if you made one for the enclosed forend. It must have got kicked to the spam box.