• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Review of the Trim-It II

Flex686

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2014
San Diego, CA
"The first trim, chamfer and, deburring station that requires no more than a common household drill. Three steps in one motion"

CRAFTSMANSHIP: It is very clear to see and feel that this is a well made tool. The balance and symmetry is evident when the handheld drill is running at full speed. There is no indication that there is any weight imbalance at all. The knurling on the micrometer is a nice touch. It offers a positive control and grip just in case oil or some other lubricant found its way between your fingers and the tool. The window and the slits in the barrel portion also allow for a positive grip on the system. The end mill cut in the micrometer has very tight tolerances. Also, if someone is not paying attention, they will not notice that there is a flat side on the shaft that the set screw should be tightened against to prevent the end mill from spinning, and then the set screw being over tightened.

MARKINGS: The markings are plain to see and well done. If you look over the I and M in the TRIM-IT logo, you will notice a least on the one I have that it is a larger spacing between the lines over the center of the TRIM I and the back of the M. I do not see this being a problem but an observation. I found that numbers would be a little hard to work with but if cross marks could be etched every 4 to 5 lines, it would aid in repeatability. This may not be cost effective because for the cross marks to work, you would need a few reference points on the shaft of the end mill as well. This could make set-up a lot faster. I.e. shaft set on mark 2 micrometer turned to 2nd hash plus 1 on the micrometer may be the setting for a .308 casing.

Use: During the use of the system, it was very noticeable that there wasn't any marring on the cases around the neck area were the dies made contact. This is a big plus for those who like pretty and functional ammo. The cutting head does exactly what it is suppose to do and that is speed up the job of brass preparation. Adjustment of the cutter is straight forward for the most part, and very easy.
As far as the comparison of the original Trim-It and the Trim-It II, the first does have an advantage over the second. I found that when I cut .223 brass to make 300 blackout brass the newer cutter would bind and I could not get it to work. The original works just fine.
This is great for those who are cutting brass to make wildcats. Outside of that issue, the 1-in-3 tool is clearly the winner.

MARKET VALUE: I used the Dillon case trimmer and an electric chamfer/deburring station as a reference point for pricing. I my opinion, $200 is a real bargain for what you get. With the ease of use and the function that is offered, being able to hook up a vacuum is not a big deal.

check out www.eztrimit.com

Last edited:
Does it cut the case mouth to a knife edge or is is pretty conservative on the champhering?

IMG_20140731_120839.jpgIMG_20140731_121318.jpg
Does it cut the case mouth to a knife edge or is is pretty conservative on the champhering?

Here's what my brass looked like after using it.

Are you using it for precision rifle or for bulk stuff like .223? How accurately does it cut the length? The reason I ask is my WFT bases off the shoulder so length of case varies a little. Thanks for the review.

Are you using it for precision rifle or for bulk stuff like .223? How accurately does it cut the length? The reason I ask is my WFT bases off the shoulder so length of case varies a little. Thanks for the review.

Mine has held it's tolerances pretty tight for my .338 Lapua, .243, and .223 - I've seen some variances of like .002 on some cases.

This will trim, chamfer and debur in one step?

Can you also set it to chamfer and debur without trimming the brass?