• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Review Section? Or Website?

dontstrokeme

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2007
Port Angeles, WA
Can a mod tell me if it is a possibility to set up a review section up?

Basicly I have come to the conclusion that in order to find out if gear will work for you or not you have to buy it. I know that there are other ways but for example with me personally I am trying to find the right combination of gear for me at tactical matches. But other than looking at 3-4 pictures of gear online I have to buy it to get ahold of it and see what the pouches will hold and what size the item is in relation to anything.

If there was a section a Hide user could go to and look for a specific personal review of an item with standard sized items in the picture so everybody can get a better idea of how the item could function for them.

And we could leave LL's reviews and video's in the section as well since we all appreciate the light he sheds on products that we won't get for months!!!

Alternativly can anyone help me make a website to post my own reviews on? Similar to 8541tactical's website....

Re: Review Section? Or Website?

Wordpress.com or squarespace.com

Squarespace starts at 8 dollars a month, but gives you a lot more options.

I have my own site at robertritz.com

If you need any help I would be will to get you started probably. PM me.

If you don't have any web design background your best bet will be one of the free Blogs. Google's "Blogger" is a pretty nice one especially if you already have a google account.

Blogger is always nice too. It really depends on how deep you want to be able to customize the site. Of course you could always just get a Twitter
wink.gif

Well the Twitter is about as ghey as Twilight!!!

Looking for somthing similar to this guy's site.

http://www.ilbepack.com/

But I do not have a google account...you are talking the gmail.com type of an account?

For what you want to do Wordpress would be easy and work great for you. Check it out.