• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Rex Silentium MG7

Undrgrndprdcts

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Is anyone using the Rex MG7 on one of their precision or hunting rifles? Have anything else to compare it to? I know bigrederic is using one.

Have a couple in time out right now, but don't have any idea how they sound. Based on the materials and volume calculations, it should sound about like a 17-4 7" can and I would be surprised if there was anyone out there not making silencers concentric and uniform to promote good accuracy when installed. I'm actually really looking forward to getting these. Was thinking the small bore diameter one would be my coyote calling can.

I have a 308 and 9mm MG7. I’ve only shot the 9mm so can’t offer an opinion on the precision rifle but I will say it’s a great value, looks cool, and more quiet than my Rugged Obsidian 9 on this Glock. I also love the versatility of the thread pattern. I can swap between a 9mm piston and 3 lug mount on the 9mm and use the Q Plan B mount on the 308.

866BC701-CF2F-47D5-899C-2D535A36241C.jpeg

I’ve got a custom 7” length .30 one on my 12” 6.5g thermal rig and it’s badass. Shoot it without ears on all night without discomfort.

Last edited:
I got one of the 9mm ones like the above pictured, thinking that it was an in-stock and much cheaper option than the SiCo Omega 9k. Glad to see theory in practice.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
I have a 308. Its large but it meters very well low 130s MIlSpec low 120s shooters ear.

Is that the 5.6" MG7, or the longer MG10? That kind of performance would be amazing in an MG7 length can.

Last edited:
No it's a very big can that I have. I don't know name of it but it is 338 size

I was going to get one of their rimfire cans if they ran the deal they ran a couple of months ago for a blackfriday deal, but I don't see anything.

Anyone heard anything different?

I purchased a custom can with 8 baffles a couple of days ago. So I can’t offer a opinion yet but I’d love to hear responses from some other people about the mg series suppressors.

Reactions: Bigrederic
I purchased a custom can with 8 baffles a couple of days ago. So I can’t offer a opinion yet but I’d love to hear responses from some other people about the mg series suppressors.
I have been thinking of ordering one in 8 or 9 baffles.

I have been thinking of ordering one in 8 or 9 baffles.
I think it’ll be the best of both worlds for me as it should give good sound suppression and it will only 6.6” in length. I plan to take it hunting so I didn’t want a ridiculously long suppressor. I am going to order a mg7 soon as well for my AR9 so I can provide input on it later.

Reactions: Bigrederic
Got out and shot my MG7 in 9mm and MG7 in 308 this weekend. The 9mm on a scorpion was fine. Not as quiet as the TP9 suppressor I had out there but I didn’t bring any of my other 9mm cans to compare it too. I shot the .308 MG7 on a KAC SR15 back to back to back with a Q Trash Panda and a AAC SDN6 and everyone I was with said there was virtually no difference in tone or sound suppression between the three. Pretty happy with it

I will say the finish on the .308 looks less clean than the 9mm. Not too concerning for me but I’m sure some people would be unhappy with it.

I was going to get one of their rimfire cans if they ran the deal they ran a couple of months ago for a blackfriday deal, but I don't see anything.

Anyone heard anything different?
Have you heard about any deals coming in soon? I also heard about some coupon codes floating around. Potentially even one for snipershide members.

Have you heard about any deals coming in soon? I also heard about some coupon codes floating around. Potentially even one for snipershide members.

I work at a shop who is a dealer for Rex Silentium and I don't know of any coupon codes at this time.

I've ran my MG7 on 10" AK 556, 14.5" AR, 18" AR, and 6.5 PRC. I'd compare it closely to my SilencerCo Omega, I would say the Rex may be a little quieter at my ear, but its more of a tone difference but real pleasant, haven't wore ear pro in a year 😁

I work at a shop who is a dealer for Rex Silentium and I don't know of any coupon codes at this time.

I've ran my MG7 on 10" AK 556, 14.5" AR, 18" AR, and 6.5 PRC. I'd compare it closely to my SilencerCo Omega, I would say the Rex may be a little quieter at my ear, but its more of a tone difference but real pleasant, haven't wore ear pro in a year 😁
That's super cool to here. Are you running a .30 cal version?

That's super cool to here. Are you running a .30 cal version?
I am not, I've got 1 - .264 MG7 and 2 - .224 MG7, as well as an MG22. I already have my Omega for 30 cal stuff and decided to start dedicating a can to different calibers now.