• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Rex Silentium??

Reload10

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2018
Who has one on a precision rifle? From what little I can find online it sounds like they meter well. I'm interested because there is an insert that allows them to be used with tbac brakes.

Mostly interested in the mg7. For the price a few of them would be awesome.

The MG7 is louder compared to my Omega, on either the 308 or 6.5 Creed I've put it on. With that said, I also have their MGX in 10 baffle, and it performs very well in comparison.

Reactions: Reload10
I have not used my MG7 on my 6.5 yet, but I do have the Griffin Brake on it, so its ready to use I just haven't taken it out.

I just put it on my 11.5" AR last night and its about as loud as my SOCOM on the same thing, although the tone is more deep and poppy, where the SOCOM seems to be more of a cracky sound... sorry if my description is 3rd grade level lol.

The MG7 with the Griffin Plan A mount system is like 5oz lighter overall vs the SOCOM so I'm really liking it for short AR's.

I'm planning on trying it with my 6.5cm soon. I'll report back when I do.

You may want to consider the MGX so you can run short or long configuration. You can also get his MG Custom, where you can run how many ever baffles you'd like. You could shoot the gap and run like 8 baffles instead of 6 vs. 10 (MG7 vs MG10).

Reactions: Reload10
I'm running a MG7 .264 on my 6.5CM match rifle and I love it, I've bought 5 Rex cans and they are all awesome IMHO. I would say go bore size specific as it does make a noticeable difference at the ear. I've got 2 - MG7 .224's and even down on 10" AR's and AK's they sound about like a roofing nailer. I've got an Omega as well and as the shooter they sound pretty close but standing off to the side the Rex seems to be a bit softer of a tone.

20210301_181436.jpg
20210301_181515.jpg

20210118_123439.jpg

... they sound about like a roofing nailer. I've got an Omega as well and as the shooter they sound pretty close but standing off to the side the Rex seems to be a bit softer of a tone.

Thats definitely what I've noticed the most on the Rex cans is the tone of the noise. Its definitely more pleasant and softer than a lot of cans I've used.

I like Rex cans. I think my next can will be a Rex Mod-X .30 to add to the collection. Never shot through one, but I've heard nothing but positive things.

Reactions: longshot2000
That is reashuring. Has anyone found pulse dB data on them yet?

Have a mg7 on my 6.5 prc and it is quite pleasant to shoot, not as quiet as my Nomad-L but for the size and weight it does great.
Here is my hunting rig, shot it for the first time a couple weeks ago. 5-shot sight in/break-in and 2 5-shot groups, prone off a bipod in a field.
First group of 5 on right and second group of 5 on the left, I'm happy with the prc/mg7 combo and these groups for factory ammo. Now have to stretch it to 500 yards next weekend.
20210326_181339~2.jpg

20210404_135129~2.jpg

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Have a mg7 on my 6.5 prc and it is quite pleasant to shoot, not as quiet as my Nomad-L but for the size and weight it does great.
Here is my hunting rig, shot it for the first time a couple weeks ago. 5-shot sight in/break-in and 2 5-shot groups, prone off a bipod in a field.
First group of 5 on right and second group of 5 on the left, I'm happy with the prc/mg7 combo and these groups for factory ammo. Now have to stretch it to 500 yards next weekend.
View attachment 7606662

View attachment 7606664
Do you have the .308 can?

Is everybody running these direct thread? Or what?

I've got a few in the queue, and was planning on running the GA Plan A, which I run on a few other cans. I hadn't heard that someone was making a TBAC adapter for them.

Is everybody running these direct thread? Or what?

I've got a few in the queue, and was planning on running the GA Plan A, which I run on a few other cans. I hadn't heard that someone was making a TBAC adapter for them.

Im running the Plan A as well and like it so far. Definitley better than the Socom system. I run the minimalist flash suppessor. Only their minimalist devices and their 2 port paladin brake will fit with the standard Plan A. If you have the longer devices you’ll need the extended plan A.

I have the two port paladin brake on my 6.5. So far so good

Yeah I like the Plan A, and always use the lightest brake I can get my hands on. I've been using their new one that doesn't need timing lately. I never use them without the can, so I could care less about there recoil mitigation ability. I like my Omega so much more with the Plan A. It gets used a lot more now, since switching it over.

I'm using the Dear Air Xeno with mine. They'll be releasing minimalist mounts soon too, but I like the brake.

I'm running SilencerCo ASR, Dead Air Xeno, Rex Silentium 6 Lug QD, and direct thread. All run great.

I had two ready for pick up last week and after giving them a try on a couple of platforms, I'd say these are really nice cans, and absolutely amazing for the price. I'm sure if you compared them to a 9" can, you'd think they weren't as quiet, but I'd put them solidly in the same class as the Omega. The tone is great, (as are most 17-4 cans) and the machine work and adaptability is state of the art. Glad I picked up more from this years sale.

I had two ready for pick up last week and after giving them a try on a couple of platforms, I'd say these are really nice cans, and absolutely amazing for the price. I'm sure if you compared them to a 9" can, you'd think they weren't as quiet, but I'd put them solidly in the same class as the Omega. The tone is great, (as are most 17-4 cans) and the machine work and adaptability is state of the art. Glad I picked up more from this years sale.
The recent sale was too hard to pass up... 30% off on already inexpensive cans. I did a 4 baffle .223 can.

Reactions: kthomas
I also have a Rex MG7K in 30. Really like it and also using Plan A…it definitely is useable for precision.

I just picked up two MG7s. One in 224 and one in .358. I shot the 358 more on a Stribog. Sounded great and was a nice weight and balance.

Took the 224 on a coyote hunt and didn't see anything close enough to let fly, then got home and an hour later had one in the yard. Evidently it didn't change zero from the Omega I had on before because it hooked up at just over 350yds. Sound was quite nice and certainly didn't feel like I needed ear pro with a bolt rifle 223. Overall, I'm really impressed. Just got notification today that the others I ordered from their Black Friday sale are shipping. Can't wait to see their rimfire can in person.

Been using the 6.5 variant mg7 for a couple months now and really like it. Direct thread and highly repeatable. More repeatable than my sico omega with ASR. Can’t tell much difference in tone between the mg7 and omega either.

I will certainly be getting Rex cans from now on. Well made, light, short, sound good and “cheap”.

Reactions: Gustav7
Have the 224 that lives on a 12.5 ar. Ive tried it on my 223ai compared to a 7.5" form1 .30 cal. The form1 was slightly quieter but is way bigger. The rex was still pleasent to shoot without ears

Any more detailed experience with the six lug? Retention, repeatability, group performance?
I have used the six lug, from the first initial designs until the current production. Its a good system and I've never had a problem with retention, repeatability, or group performance. That being said I also use Dead Air Xeno and SiCo ASR and never had a problem with those either.

My only complaint I could have with the six lug is when the suppressor isn't mounted its kind of ugly.... Compared to running a QD with a flash hider or brake underneath it.

I have used the six lug, from the first initial designs until the current production. Its a good system and I've never had a problem with retention, repeatability, or group performance. That being said I also use Dead Air Xeno and SiCo ASR and never had a problem with those either.

My only complaint I could have with the six lug is when the suppressor isn't mounted its kind of ugly.... Compared to running a QD with a flash hider or brake underneath it.
Awesome. Thanks for the reply.

Great cans . I've ran the rim fire . The firing pin was louder than the crack. The Modx two piece was very impressive on a 26in 28nosler. I currently own two MG7 in 6.5. Definitely more in the future for me.

Reactions: YotaEer