• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RF binos help

Nat93

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2023
Long Island New York
Looking to get a pair of RF Binos for hunting & getting into long range shooting in the future, I think I have narrowed it down to 2 options ( Both with AB ) but there is a massive price difference , option 1 is Leica geovid Pro 10x42 & option 2 is Vortex fury 5000 AB , I was wondering if anyone has any experience with both and can tell me if the Leicas are worth the difference in price , low light performance is pretty important for my hunting application as I’d like something good enough to make out if a deer has antlers or not at 300-500 yards away early morning/late afternoon , any input is appreciated !

The Leicas have way better glass than the Vortex’s, they’re going to kick their ass for spotting game and low light.

If you want badass glass for hunting Swarovski is king. My EL Range TA’s give up nothing to NL’s as far as image quality. You can get them used in like new condition for $2700-$3000 which is less than new Leicas will run you even with a good discount.

No experience with the Leica, but I do have the Fury.

My Fury will certainly let my eyes see better into shadows during that crucial time than I could otherwise make out with nothing (brighter than my naked eye). Are they $3K glass? Certainly not. I'd probably say that they are $300 binocular equivalent with a good rangefinder feature and AB.

I think they'd pair well with sub $1,500 hunting optics...but if you're rocking something better than that on top of your rifle, you might want to invest more in your binos.