• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RFI: Steyr Mannlicher Luxus rings

SkyScrapin

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Dallas, TX
strictlyoffensivekit.com
Long story short, I have had this rifle for quite some time. The original owner had an identical rifle that was stolen and ended up getting recovered which he bought back from the insurance company. During the interim the insurance company replaced his rifle and scope. He later transferred the new scope from the new gun to the old gun. What you see pictured is what was left over.

I’m not a Steyr guru. Requesting a little input as to what these bases are, what model bases this Steyr can use, if there is a better option for a pic rail or any other recommendations.

Scope wise, I’m thinking 30mm. Probably a 3-15 or smaller.

4260FBBB-2AEF-444B-8CDC-974EDB260C75.jpeg

Long story short, I have had this rifle for quite some time. The original owner had an identical rifle that was stolen and ended up getting recovered which he bought back from the insurance company. During the interim the insurance company replaced his rifle and scope. He later transferred the new scope from the new gun to the old gun. What you see pictured is what was left over.

I’m not a Steyr guru. Requesting a little input as to what these bases are, what model bases this Steyr can use, if there is a better option for a pic rail or any other recommendations.

Scope wise, I’m thinking 30mm. Probably a 3-15 or smaller.

View attachment 7887289

Those look like old school Leupold fudd bases in which the front right fits into a dovetail on the base then is turned 90 degrees to face fore/aft and lock in. The rear ring is "windage adjustable" and retained with two side screws that are missing from the base.

Those look like old school Leupold fudd bases in which the front right fits into a dovetail on the base then is turned 90 degrees to face fore/aft and lock in. The rear ring is "windage adjustable" and retained with two side screws that are missing from the base.
I agree with this

Others made that style as well though I think.
I’d probably just replace them altogether rather than trying to replace the missing bits.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
The bevels on the corners look like Redfield to me. Leupold has a concave indent on their corners.

Talley are my go to for a nice wood/blued rifle. They offer Steyer bases, pretty sure yours would take the Steyer Mannlicher base as it looks like the same action.

Reactions: 308pirate
That looks like it’s built on the SBS action. If that’s the case, it should use the same bases as a Browning A-bolt.

Talley are my go to for a nice wood/blued rifle. They offer Steyer bases, pretty sure yours would take the Steyer Mannlicher base as it looks like the same action.
+1 on Talley. Classy quality.