• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision RH25 or the L3 LTWS, which would you choose?

ST42

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2007
WA
Like the title states. I’m torn between the two. Never used either in the past. Most shots will be within 300 meters for coyotes. I’ll be using a SU230 for the day optic, so 4X. If you have any experience with these, please drop some learning on me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I am leaning towards the RH25. I just ran across a pretty sweet deal on the LWTS, and I’m trying to gage its worth. Obviously the 5 year warranty on the iRay is a huge positive. The L3 is out of warranty.

LWTS was The Shizzle 3+ years ago, but RH25 beats the absolute stuffin’ out of it, hands down. I can’t think of a single area where the L3 would be better — save perhaps for ultimate durability and LARPness.

RH25 is what you seek. In fact, the dude selling his for a “sweet deal” is probably trying to fund an RH25.

Rh 25. More use case (handheld/helmet/clip on), Lightner, newer tech, customer support, rechargeable batteries... the works.

Also, the field of views are pretty close. 14.8⁰ for the LWTS and 17.5⁰ for the RH25. This means that the LWTS will support a tiny but more day time mag, but has an inferior res display (which helps the RH25 bridge that gap).

I will say though, using it with a 4x elcan is decent....but won't give you the best image because it lacks the back end demag necessary to help cut out that pixelation. Same goes for the LWTS/UTM X/voodoo s and so forth (which are all roughly 15⁰ FOV and 1x thermals.) The voodoo starts to pixelate out at 3x optical, so the RH25 will as well (and maybe even a little more). Is it still usable? Yes. Is it the ideal image if that's what you're going for? No. An LPVO is better suited for units like this.