• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RH25 question with video

joww

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2023
United States
Hey guys I recently got an Pfalcon (RH25) and have noticed an issue with it that I can't seem to figure out why it's happening. People often appear muted and blend in with their surroundings, but it will pop from white hot back to gray. I'm not sure why or if I am missing a setting in the manual? Here is a video link showing the problem

if i had to guess you are using this in highlight mode and whatever is super hot to the far left is taking precedence over the people in the frame. until you move over to the right and the hotter spots are out of view. highlight mode darkens and softens the backround around the hottest parts from what ive seen

hmm looking through the manual I don't see anything about having the option to turn a highlight mode on or off?

the RH25 might not have it, but its one of the color pallettes on my TH50C

I don’t have the RH25 but the “highlight” type mode would be my first thought as well. On the Nox you can choose how much of the screen it will focus on and it looks similar to that. Moving it to full screen keeps it consistent

I had the same issue and I can't tell what setting/settings it was but I just had to play with screen brightness, image brightness (or what ever it is. The icon that is a big circle with the dots around it), and the contrast until everything looked good. It's trail and error but you can tweak everything until it looks "right". I am not aware of a highlight setting.

ah yeah i've been trying to tweak things, it doesn't seem to matter, its far worse on the black palette, everything gets crushed to black. white hot is the most consistent out of all of them. I've tried a bunch of brightest / contrast combos. I was thinking this was the Jell-O effect everyone talked about the update fixing but i guess its not. using it on low latency mode post update seems to make this happen less. but still, when it happens, its pretty unusable for any real application.
fwiw this is max brightness and contrast settings on white hot.

Reactions: nikonNUT
ah yeah i've been trying to tweak things, it doesn't seem to matter, its far worse on the black palette, everything gets crushed to black. white hot is the most consistent out of all of them. I've tried a bunch of brightest / contrast combos. I was thinking this was the Jell-O effect everyone talked about the update fixing but i guess its not. using it on low latency mode post update seems to make this happen less. but still, when it happens, its pretty unusable for any real application.
fwiw this is max brightness and contrast settings on white hot.
I will say that "I" think black hot WAY over contrasts the image. The only time I used it was when I was colimnating. The little aluminum circles I use really pop in black hot. Other than that I avoid it and stick with white hot.