• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rh25 vs nox 35

doc187

Private
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2022
Illinois
Looking to buy a hand held scanner that can be thrown on a buddy rifle if needed. I'm running a halo LR and am really happy with it. I was planning on the nox 35 but the price drop has me looking at the rh 25.

Not crazy about the recoil reducing mount the rh25 comes with. I've run my halo on a benelli sbe with no problems. I don't want to buy a chineese unit that is gonna brake on me. However, the buddy rifle is a super light 8.6BO build so recoil won't be an issue on that and that little rh25 stand alone might be kinda cool.

Needing another LPVO for the build negates the price difference between the two. I only hunt at night. Thoughts from real people who use these and not an internet star that sells them would be helpful.

The RH25 is more versatile, but I think the NOX35 still has the edge on image and the sensor (granted I only had play-around-time with the RH and a lot of use-time with the NOX). And if you’re already happy with the HALO, the NOX35 is kind of a no brainer.

Reactions: TheHorta
I've had both. The Rh25 for 10 months, and sold it, I've had the Nox 35 since they were released, and have a 2nd one.

My take : the Rh25 is nice, can be used with a clipon up to 3x. The menu is crazy complicated compared to the Nox. Mounting it as a stand alone thermal is hard and not really it's intended use, but doable.

The Nox is flat as good as it gets for a single 18650 stand alone thermal with that size. When I zoom, it's fully usable at any point out to 300yds. The fact that it has a focus means I can mount it to my air rifle (FX impact), .22 lr, and onto my centerfire (with shortened buttstock). Eye relief is it's downfall and has to be mounted back a ways to get full view. Can't be used as a clipon. If they would figure out how to demagnify it so it can be a clipon...thatd be a crazy awesome unit.

They are both good units, but I've been a fan of Nvision since the first Halo I bought.

I really like the simplicity of the halo menus. Being able to remove the outline pallet and 8x made it prefect for the hunting i do. I think the nox is the way to go

Reactions: Travis224
You indicated that price is a factor. There’s a Reap-ir for 4400 in the px (guy selling is a friend). I can’t imagine buying a Chinese thermal with a janky mount when USA BAE core thermals are so cheap.

Reactions: GreenMushroom