• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Rheinmetall Defence

stefan73

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2006
    CENLA
    Has anybody looked at the Rheinmetall systems? They have some interesting things.

V/R
    1624387846994.png

What's interesting is the wavelength for the range finder. Looks like an interesting piece of kit.

I heard a rumor that they were going to make a civ version of their IR laser. That laser range finder would be cool!
    I could lob in a few calls to see about importing some if there was enough interest.

Cost is always the concern. Some people care less about cost than others (I'm still one of the poors). Would be interesting to see how it compares to the Raptar in both cost and performance.

I could lob in a few calls to see about importing some if there was enough interest.
    Hi,

They have USA facilities in VA and AR if I remember correctly.

I think the optics are in VA and munitions in AR.

You should see if these units are available without mil/le letterhead.

Sincerely,
    Theis

I would have interest, but like stefan when it comes to NV I feel very poor. If this is between a Raptar and Radius this would certainly raise an eyebrow, if it’s more than the Raptar then why not just get a Raptar...

Reactions: stefan73
    I just saw it has Applied Ballistics built in, guessing this is more than the Raptar, but sounds amazing

The VTAL system with Y cable for the vis/IR weapon light is pretty slick looking.

I would guess the LRF to be pretty high up there.

Reactions: stefan73
    Not to change the subject but there’s definitely a market for semi compact weapon mounted rangefinders with ballistics. No eye ball burners, IR, or proprietary semi unobtanium cable. Bluetooth capable and simple eye safe laser for zeroing and that’s it’s. 4k price.

Ive heard they dont entertain anything but military buyer. Though i encourage trying as my source isn't reliable

Hi,

Source is pretty reliable, lol...

Germany MOD follows the Israel MOD business model of:
    Once either of those MODs adopt a "specialized" product; the manufacturer of said product has to get permission on whether they can and cannot sell the "specialized" product to. And typically it is just easier for said manufacturer to put written policy of agency letterhead is sufficient as permission.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Last edited:
    I'll be getting a tac ray for testing next week. They have a civ version with AB. They use the same level jenoptik lrf module that the MRF uses. They will be a good chunk more than a raptar s but offer a very superior lrf much like the MRF from wilcox does. Will share pricing when I can but will be in between a RAPTAR and L3 Storm so not for the faint of heart. Ill throw some pics up next week and should have a idea on when first units will arrive for commercial sale.

Not to change the subject but there’s definitely a market for semi compact weapon mounted rangefinders with ballistics. No eye ball burners, IR, or proprietary semi unobtanium cable. Bluetooth capable and simple eye safe laser for zeroing and that’s it’s. 4k price.

there is one coming late this year or early next. I pre-ordered an F250 bed full 😎

Sorry to be a tease @THEIS @Glassaholic @GUNNER10 @charnicus, but I'm sworn to secrecy at this point. I'd love to share more, and trust me, we will.

Put it this way.. this new device will crush a Radius without breaking your bank like a Raptar S/ES will. It's going to be a night hunter and long range hunters dream tool. Go ahead an put raptar rails on your hunting guns now :)

Sorry to be a tease @THEIS @Glassaholic @GUNNER10 @charnicus, but I'm sworn to secrecy at this point. I'd love to share more, and trust me, we will.

Put it this way.. this new device will crush a Radius without breaking your bank like a Raptar S/ES will. It's going to be a night hunter and long range hunters dream tool. Go ahead an put raptar rails on your hunting guns now :)

Hi,

And that is how you get a random delivery with pictures of your most precious items with a metal bucket, field rat and blow torch......LOLOLOL

Sincerely,
    Theis