• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rhonda Rousy

I didn't even bother to watch the fights but from what I saw in the gifs people have posted, the fight was stopped early. Usually, refs get closer to the downed fighter to gauge the damage being taken but Herb Dean was waving the fight off from where he was. Even with a clean KO, refs aren't as fast as Dean was.

Earlier, Herb let a guy eat shot after shot after shot and caught flack for letting the fight continue... then stops the MAIN EVENT like that? I call BS. Had it been Rhonda dropped like that, I doubt the fight would've been stopped so quick.

McMann offered no resistance after she collapsed. Her left hand (side against the cage) was clutching her abdomen and her right hand was on the mat. Her head was completely undefended and Rousey was teeing off on it for all she was worth.

If two men were in the same predicament, there might have been a significant risk of brain damage, and there is no question a stop would have been in order. But from such a peculiar angle, they were purely arm punches. Rousey was getting no drive from her hips. I don't think there was any such risk from a woman's arm punches.

There is no question McMann was offering no intelligent defense, which was the standard Big John McCarthy set back in about UFC3. So the ultimate question, IMHO, is whether they establish a different threshold for the women.

So on the basis of the danger of permanent injury to the fighter, I think it was an early stop, but I don't think McMann left Herb and choice. Like she said in the post-fight interview, "I should have stood up sooner."

Just saw the video of the post fight press conference and a reporter says to Sarah that Herb told him he was "concerned about her getting hit in the face while her hand was on her abdomen." That's why he stopped the fight...WTF? She says she didn't feel the punches after she went down. Her face doesn't show any damage either. I guess Herb doesn't give 2 shits about Waldburger... and was trying to cover his face.

But... what do I care? I'm waiting for the Weidman vs Belfort title fight. Hendricks vs Lawler and Condit vs Woodly should be great fights.

Last edited:
Why do people try and make man watch womens' sports?

ON AVERAGE, THE VAST, VAST MAJORITY OF WOMEN DO NOT WATCH SPORTS.

If I want to watch subpar athletics, I'll watch a college game. Most women's sports are boring and losing money at the professional level.
Unless, of course your sport is already horrendously boring, like golf.

The BEST Rhonda Rousey fight in the world is meh, compared to the best male fights.

Political correctness has no place in sport.