• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns ria 9mm compact 1911

Mr_Brass

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2010
45x90 WI.
Was looking at that with federal HST ammo 147gr +p's I shoot a1911 well having a Remington r1 that I love any advice? I was looking at a glock 19 but I'm just not sure I would shoot it well without lots of rounds

Re: ria 9mm compact 1911

I shoot glocks and 1911's don't have any problem switching between the 2. Follow the basic fundamentals shouldn't have an issue.

I would not carry a 9mm 1911 for defense. There is really no reason to.

I carry either a G26 or Combat Commander depending on what I am doing in plain clothes. In uniform I carry a G21SF. I have not had any issues switching between them even for competition.

I would carry a commander or my r1 for that matter but me being a thinner profile a full sized grip prints pretty bad

the most important thing is to find something that you can carry comfortably because if its not you will stop carrying it.I've tried several different pistols in different calibers and always go back to my G36 as my primary carry.