• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ride the Lightin baby!

Re: Ride the Lightin baby!

LOL!!..

...watched the "local" broadcast and the news anchors were really trying their best to paint it as a misuse of police "power" on a 17 yr old juvenile....

No way donut boy was going to catch that kid without it.
grin.gif

050410_taser_doomsday_604x341.jpg

ok, I do understand that there are situations where the taser is a life saver, but in alot of cases I see it being misused as it was explained to me. I mean whenever all these tasers started hitting duty belts it was said that the taser was going to be an alternative to lethal force. And for the most part it has done just that, but in a case like this, you got a dumb kid(we all did stupid junk when we was that age) running across a field and the guy shoots him in the back with a taser as opposed to chasing him down. I mean he wasnt going to get away. he would've been caught and they could have taken him downtown or written a citation. but now from that picture alone it seems to me that PD and the phillies are wide open for a lawsuit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trey Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok, I do understand that there are situations where the taser is a life saver, but in alot of cases I see it being misused as it was explained to me. I mean whenever all these tasers started hitting duty belts it was said that the taser was going to be an alternative to lethal force. And for the most part it has done just that, but in a case like this, you got a dumb kid(we all did stupid junk when we was that age) running across a field and the guy shoots him in the back with a taser as opposed to chasing him down. I mean he wasnt going to get away. he would've been caught and they could have taken him downtown or written a citation. but now from that picture alone it seems to me that PD and the phillies are wide open for a lawsuit </div></div>

This sums up my stance on tasers. They are an alternative to assuredly lethal force. Since they can be lethal, using them on littl'uns and old'uns should be treated as if a bullet were fired, regardless of outcome. In practice, they have become an alternative to physical contact, not lethal force. It is not the proper way to remove stubborn eldery folks from their cars, as I've seen in multiple videos.

I would imagine that this incident will serve as an ounce of prevention for the next person thinking they want their 15 seconds of fame.

LOL, funny stuff, the kid got what he had coming though.

That's a big field, if he really wanted to he could have outran the cops for some time, just depends on how long he wanted to keep the game of chase up.

We live in different times than when most of us were 17. There's a huge crowd and a lot of liability sitting in those seats, the police I'm sure are taught to end any threat/incident/tomfoolery ASAP and they did that.

Would have been great if they didn't have to taze him, but it would have been even better if the kid would have simply stayed in his seat like the other 60,000 people.

Here's a little something that I learned long ago, some seem to have forgotten it. Events have consequences, don't perform the event if you're not willing to accept the consequences.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BugSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trey Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok, I do understand that there are situations where the taser is a life saver, but in alot of cases I see it being misused as it was explained to me. I mean whenever all these tasers started hitting duty belts it was said that the taser was going to be an alternative to lethal force. And for the most part it has done just that, but in a case like this, you got a dumb kid(we all did stupid junk when we was that age) running across a field and the guy shoots him in the back with a taser as opposed to chasing him down. I mean he wasnt going to get away. he would've been caught and they could have taken him downtown or written a citation. but now from that picture alone it seems to me that PD and the phillies are wide open for a lawsuit </div></div>

This sums up my stance on tasers. They are an alternative to assuredly lethal force. Since they can be lethal, using them on littl'uns and old'uns should be treated as if a bullet were fired, regardless of outcome. In practice, they have become an alternative to physical contact, not lethal force. It is not the proper way to remove stubborn eldery folks from their cars, as I've seen in multiple videos. </div></div>

Physical contact, that almost assuredly will end in injuries to the perp, officer or both, whereas the taser can be deployed, with fewer incidents of injury to either party. Hands on physical control without hurting the target is very difficult with even a small amount of resistance, I don't care whether they are young, old, big, or small.

Add in the factor that yes it may just be a fan having a drunken moment, but it also may be someone with bigger intentions and the choice to utilize a taser gets pretty clear from a force options standpoint.

However, if you add in the politics all bets are off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BugSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Since they can be lethal, using them on littl'uns and old'uns should be treated as if a bullet were fired, regardless of outcome.</div></div>

The instances where Tasers have been lethal there have almost always been cocaine or methamphetamine involved as well. There has not been a documented case where a Taser has been the sole cause of a death.

Having said that I don't agree with using them on children or elderly except as an alternative to deadly force. I am not a fan of the Taser personally. I've had one and been "certified" in their use since 2002 and have never used one outside of training. They are inappropriately used far more often than not around here. I keep telling myself I'm going to kick the next rookie I see clearing a building or with one or getting their Taser out on a person with a gun call but I haven't done it yet.

sucker:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDnsMjJtamM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HDnsMjJtamM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Whatever you liberals, I think it's great, now every retard out there knows he might be Tazed, I don't give a flying F$&k how old the person is, where there from, what color or anything else, I say that little bastard got what he deserved, he knew better and did it anyway, I bet he won't do that ever again, and tell his worthless dirtbag friends not to do it.

Old police saying: "You may beat the ticket, but you won't beat the ride."

Well, he got a ride.

If a turd like that ties the game up for 30 seconds - and it was more than that - with 40,000 fans in the stands, he wasted more than 300 hours of people's time.

I think for a fine, take the number of people at the game times the minutes the game was interrupted, and charge him $10 per hour for the total time. Maybe that will make him think a little - and anyone else so inclined.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Old police saying: "You may beat the ticket, but you won't beat the ride."

Well, he got a ride.

If a turd like that ties the game up for 30 seconds - and it was more than that - with 40,000 fans in the stands, he wasted more than 300 hours of people's time.

I think for a fine, take the number of people at the game times the minutes the game was interrupted, and charge him $10 per hour for the total time. Maybe that will make him think a little - and anyone else so inclined.
</div></div>

Agreed. Plus I don't pay to see or hear the obnoxious-loser-assholes who insist upon injecting themselves into the typically very expensive venuesin question.

And God help the SOB who yells "You the Man" or "It's in the Hole" everytime a pro golfer hits the ball if I'm ever in attendance. Pisses me off and motivates me to exploit the crowd density to exact my displeasure...

Also, give it to the officer for an accurate / effective hit. It's not easy to hit a running suspect with a taser.

I took the 5 second ride. It's as Sheriff Buford T. Justice would say, "An attention getter."

Tasing golf spectators has a nice ring to it.
I could get into watching some of that on CBS Sunday afternoonzzzzz.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, give it to the officer for an accurate / effective hit. It's not easy to hit a running suspect with a taser.

I took the 5 second ride. It's as Sheriff Buford T. Justice would say, "An attention getter." </div></div>

Oh you got that right, when I was on SWAT they issued them to us, and it sucked when we got zapped. The new ones that pulsate they suck even more. As my ole Sergeant use to say,"Why do you need to taze me with that shit, you didn't shoot me when you issued me my gun!" I remember falling over laughing at him.

Kids do stupid things, this kid did what kids do and he'll have a story to tell his grandchildren. He got what he deserved, imo, but like someone already said...all bets are off when the politics get involved in the matter. He did what he did, and he got what he got, why can't they just leave it at that?