• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Ridiculous harbor freight review.

jerseymike

NJ LEO
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2007
Central, NJ
I was looking for a dust collector to attach to my blasting cabinet and read this review.

Product:

A6888B49-60C5-44BA-A965-BFCCDD8D9EED-19984-000004C6A5A3AB86.jpg

Review:

155CF441-10F5-4441-9DFA-73B1D5CA1E27-19984-000004C6B6381BAA.jpg

Re: Ridiculous harbor freight review.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come on now???? 174 mph? In a hyundai? </div></div>he probably needed one on each brake rotor to keep them from catching on fire when it came time to slow down

Too expensive to upgrade the brakes, etc. He probably just coasts it in to the softest wall around and then puts his "turbos" in a new one. Throw away cars.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ringer706</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Picture of setup...

33010010523_large.jpg
</div></div>

No way!! Seriously?

That was hilarious.

Remind me one day to tell ya'll about a Husqvuarna chainsaw, with a 120 psi shop airline connected directly to the carb intake port.

That was an instant 'hot-saw'.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was hilarious.

Remind me one day to tell ya'll about a Husqvuarna chainsaw, with a 120 psi shop airline connected directly to the carb intake port.

That was an instant 'hot-saw'.
smile.gif

</div></div>

I am all ears. Please share.

Roughly about 15 years ago, or so... I was working in a sawmill in Northern B.C. At the time, a few of the deck-hands got together and conspired about making a saw "better".

IIRC, we were using Husky 61's then, maybe 62's. The air-filter attached onto the carb by means of a simple threaded orifice. These rocket-surgeons decided to remove said air-filter, and install the ~120 psi mill air-line directly to it. (I don't remember if they 'enriched' the mixture or not) Upon barely 'cracking' the ball-valve to give it some air to start, they then squeezed the trigger whilst the sidekick floored open the valve.

Supercharging a chainsaw to eleventy-bazillion rpm, this thing hauled like there's no tomorrow. He was able to cut through pre-staged logs like never before, and it was like the log 'wasn't there'. He described it as a Samurai Chainsaw, not unlike brandishing a sword.

For about 30 to 35 seconds.

As I was told afterwards, the head fused onto the cylinder, the piston had a hole right through it, and the muffler 'melted' in places. The bar burnt top and bottom, the chain was blue, and once the saw was stopped, the nose-bearing never turned again.

Now, realizing that these guys drive those (naturally aspirated) chainsaws all day and every day, they wield them with an incredible amount of agility. This one though, was quite "different" with everything inside spinning so much. He said something to the effect of "it was surprisingly hard to hold steady."

I don't think my chainsaw would ever hold together long enough to meet that time, "but yours might."

smile.gif

you know, people always start the "what would you do if you won the lottery" game whenever someone wins the powerball. Everybody talks about cars, houses, ect.

Id spend all my time doing stuff like this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Roughly about 15 years ago, or so... I was working in a sawmill in Northern B.C. At the time, a few of the deck-hands got together and conspired about making a saw "better".

IIRC, we were using Husky 61's then, maybe 62's. The air-filter attached onto the carb by means of a simple threaded orifice. These rocket-surgeons decided to remove said air-filter, and install the ~120 psi mill air-line directly to it. (I don't remember if they 'enriched' the mixture or not) Upon barely 'cracking' the ball-valve to give it some air to start, they then squeezed the trigger whilst the sidekick floored open the valve.

Supercharging a chainsaw to eleventy-bazillion rpm, this thing hauled like there's no tomorrow. He was able to cut through pre-staged logs like never before, and it was like the log 'wasn't there'. He described it as a Samurai Chainsaw, not unlike brandishing a sword.

As I was told afterwards, the head fused onto the cylinder, the piston had a hole right through it, and the muffler 'melted' in places. The bar burnt top and bottom, the chain was blue, and once the saw was stopped, the nose-bearing never turned again.

Now, realizing that these guys drive those (naturally aspirated) chainsaws all day and every day, they wield them with an incredible amount of agility. This one though, was quite "different" with everything inside spinning so much. He said something to the effect of "it was surprisingly hard to hold steady."

I don't think my chainsaw would ever hold together long enough to meet that time, "but yours might."

smile.gif
</div></div>

Damn, their lucky it didn't throw the chain or blow up in a fiery explosion. COOOLLL!!! It reminds of Tim the Tool Man on Tool Time. Thanks for sharing Sean.

cpt. obvious said:
you know, people always start the "what would you do if you won the lottery" game whenever someone wins the powerball. Everybody talks about cars, houses, ect.

Id spend all my time doing stuff like this. [/quote

LOL, that's what my wife says about me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Roughly about 15 years ago, or so... I was working in a sawmill in Northern B.C. At the time, a few of the deck-hands got together and conspired about making a saw "better".

smile.gif
</div></div>

LOL. That blue chain was probably a few seconds from liberating his arm from his shoulder.